Blockage in center of canister mechanism. Anyone know what I can do? | Dyson Community
Solved

Blockage in center of canister mechanism. Anyone know what I can do?

• 2 April 2023
  • 3 replies

I constantly am getting dog hair clogged inside the silver center mechanism of the canister through a hole on the side. Even when the canister is not full. It causes the pulsing and shows the blockage light. I can’t even vacuum for more than 2 minutes before this happens again. I’m about to return it but wanted to know if anyone has experienced this and can it be fixed.

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 4 April 2023, 22:56

View original

3 replies

Hi @LisaBo 

Blockage issues can be very frustrating, with issues such as this we usually provide maintenance tips to get the issue resolved. I have popped a link below which should help explain fixing the issue and getting it resolved ASAP. I would also recommend just giving the bin a wash. 

If you need further support after this, please get in touch via our WhatsApp channel and one of our team will be happy to discuss the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and select ‘Start a WhatsApp conversation’. 

If you'd prefer, you're welcome to call the Dyson Helpline to speak with our experts directly. You can find their number in the ‘Contact us’ section of the page. 

It is possible the amount of hair you’re vacuuming may be too much for the cyclone aperture to allow through at any one time. You may want to consider purchasing the Hair Screw Tool which is specifically designed for this issue or better still, reviewing their exchange policy and obtaining the larger Dyson Outsize+ cordless vacuum cleaner red/nickel | Dyson. This model has a larger bin capacity and a aperture for dirt/hair. 

If you wanted to keep the model you have, the last resort might be looking at Pet grooming kit | Dyson

If you’re thinking about getting the Pet Grooming kit, I can vouch for it!

I posting last month asking for comments on if it were worth the money and actually worked. Everyone that replied has a positive experience and only good things to say. Thoughts on the pet grooming kit/tool? | Dyson Community

I order mine right after and it’s completely changed how I vacuum. There is about two thirds less hair than before and I’ve only groom our dog twice since it arrive. I’m doing two less vacuums a week as a result.