Can I use my UK bought Cordless SV15 in the US if I change to a US battery pack? | Dyson Community
Solved

Can I use my UK bought Cordless SV15 in the US if I change to a US battery pack?

• 9 March 2023
  • 2 replies

I am trying to find out if I can use my dyson SV 15 bought in the UK when I go back to the US.

I have called UK and US Dyson Customer support on this. I called the US one two times. The first time he said he would get a supervisor and then dropped the call. The second time, the man who answered didn’t know. I called UK support but could not understand the torrent of information from someone who is not a good English speaker. The Internet says yes in places and no in places.

Can someone in Dyson please post definitive information on this? It is most annoying to get vague and contradictory answers. I joined the community today as I don’t know whether to pack the machine or not.

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 10 March 2023, 16:20

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

2 replies

Hi @agrince.

A great question!

While Dyson machines are manufactured for use in the country in which they were purchased in, our Cordless machines can be used overseas. 

You won’t need to go as far as purchasing a new battery pack, picking up a local charger will suffice . The below post will guide you further and is quite helpful in answering any more questions on the subject. 

Thank you very much!. Good news. It turns out that there are two SV15 models in the US with different chargers. I found the correct charger on amazon.com.

I am very grateful to the person who answered, saving me lots of money.

Why can’t Dyson support in-?India? be taught this simple fact?

Dyson, pay heed. The Earth is international now. You cannot afford to be parochial. Your company will falter unless you give international support.