Cleaning the floor tool on a Cordless V7 Animal | Dyson Community

Cleaning the floor tool on a Cordless V7 Animal

• 14 March 2023
  • 4 replies

Wondering how deep a dive I can take into cleaning the floor tool of my V7? I realize I should not submerge it. Can I go deeper than a small brush and Clorox wipe?

Stuart 1 year ago

Hi @MRB2752

A great questions.

I’m super happy you’ve been able to remove the brush bar and clean the inside of the cleaner head. 

I thought I’d take the opportunity to share some further machine maintenance tips - hopefully these help to maintain the airflow and pick up around your home.

Our ‘Keeping your vacuum performing at its best’ article details three key areas of our Cordless, Corded and Robot vacuums that should be maintained on a regular basis.

I’ve copied our those that are relevant for your model:

1. Filter maintenance is key - Keeping the machine’s filters clean is more important than you might think. It helps to ensure optimal performance, suction power and that all important removal of ultrafine particles. Instructions on filter maintenance does vary between category, so make sure you’re refereeing to your manual for recommendations. This articles can help: 
  2. Maintaining the brush bar - Regularly checking for hair, dirt, and debris will help to ensure optimal collection, and may reduce the risk of debris becoming blocked - Instructions on removing, cleaning and rebuilding are found in the user manual and on our very own YouTube channel.
  3. Checking for airways obstructions - In the event of an airways obstruction the machines noise will change in pitch. This directly effects the machines pick up, sometimes reducing the amount of collected debris. Luckily, we have tan article which highlight the key areas to check:

On a further note, you’ve comment that there is now a smell coming from the vacuum, akin to a wet dog. This can be the result of moisture entering the vacuum, either on the filter or through the cleaner head into the wand/cyclone. A quick recommendation here would be to clean the filter, and allow it and the other components to air for 24 -48 hours. 

I hope this helps. 

Stuart 

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

4 replies

Ok, so that’s how you clean it!Once I saw how the beater released I found the lock with the brush attached on the tool and removed and cleaned that part. I used a long, small brush made for cleaning straws and a wipe and it’s sparkling now. New pre-filter and battery and I’m good to go!

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Just don’t get the motor wet. Make sure it’s 100% dry before reattaching, otherwise you run the risk of water pulling into the stick vacs main motor and burning it out. 

If you’re feeling confident, you could dismantle it, giving it a thorough clean. Be warned, this could damage it and may just void any warranty you have left if it breaks. 

Thanks for the reply. I’ll give it 24 hrs to dry. It cleaned up enough with the stock removable parts. Still smells a bit like dog though. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @MRB2752

A great questions.

I’m super happy you’ve been able to remove the brush bar and clean the inside of the cleaner head. 

I thought I’d take the opportunity to share some further machine maintenance tips - hopefully these help to maintain the airflow and pick up around your home.

Our ‘Keeping your vacuum performing at its best’ article details three key areas of our Cordless, Corded and Robot vacuums that should be maintained on a regular basis.

I’ve copied our those that are relevant for your model:

1. Filter maintenance is key - Keeping the machine’s filters clean is more important than you might think. It helps to ensure optimal performance, suction power and that all important removal of ultrafine particles. Instructions on filter maintenance does vary between category, so make sure you’re refereeing to your manual for recommendations. This articles can help: 
  2. Maintaining the brush bar - Regularly checking for hair, dirt, and debris will help to ensure optimal collection, and may reduce the risk of debris becoming blocked - Instructions on removing, cleaning and rebuilding are found in the user manual and on our very own YouTube channel.
  3. Checking for airways obstructions - In the event of an airways obstruction the machines noise will change in pitch. This directly effects the machines pick up, sometimes reducing the amount of collected debris. Luckily, we have tan article which highlight the key areas to check:

On a further note, you’ve comment that there is now a smell coming from the vacuum, akin to a wet dog. This can be the result of moisture entering the vacuum, either on the filter or through the cleaner head into the wand/cyclone. A quick recommendation here would be to clean the filter, and allow it and the other components to air for 24 -48 hours. 

I hope this helps. 

Stuart