Collection failure | Dyson Community
Question

Collection failure

• 12 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Reported a problem with my Dyson Motörhead for which they collected a repair fee and arranged a collection- no time specified- it was ‘all day’. Nobody turned up on the specified day and when I called they said the courier would ‘try again’. There is no video footage of anyone trying in the first place. Collection rearranged for the next day nd same thing happens. Dyson now say they have escalated it and I will get a call urgently- absolutely no surprise that no call happens.

I guess the only options now are to write off the money as a bad experience or take them to court. End of the day my experience with Dyson has been ‘good tech’ , ‘poor reliability and failure prone’ and absolutely the WORST customer service experience ever.

3 replies

Oh my God I am gutted to read no one called you! I am now waiting for an “escalated” call after three failed courier collections and lady told me today I’d get a call in 24-48 hrs. Also told me I’d get an email sent but nothing after 2 hrs - think I’m gonna phone back! I thought buying from Dyson direct rather than local retailer would ensure no issues but it complete opposite! 

I have read, with a sinking feeling, the many comments regarding the atrocious Dyson “Customer Care” and failures to collect items for repair. We have experienced the same…5 times now over a two month period.

There is no chance to actually speak to a manager, no one ever calls back as promised, and the collections which have been booked in, cancelled by Dyson and rescheduled again and again by Dyson, have never actually materialised. 

We have experienced, what can only be described as an appalling level of customer care and the very real impression that Dyson demonstrate a worrying disdain and disregard towards their customers. 

It is very concerning that there is no access to a customer care team in the U.K., no contact email nor telephone numbers ( except the helpline which has been no help at all) and a live chat service that is unable to decipher the questions posed. 

We have been promised compensation for the failed collections, a free repair of our item and an apology for the hours of wasted time and numerous phone calls on our part. However, nothing has actually happened. We are getting the impression that Dyson simply do not care and never intended to honour their customer service agreements and promises. 

Does anyone have any advice on seeking a resolution for this issue please?

Additionally, Dyson have sent an incorrect replacement remote control for a second fan we recently purchased ( TP00). I was informed  during one of the more recent lengthy phone calls, that the one dispatched to us  did not match the product in actual fact…. Someone would get back to us, no controls were available currently, etc etc …..needless to say, full failure from Dyson on this front too.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Suri65 

Welcome to the Dyson Community, and thanks for letting us know about this - I’m sorry to hear about your experience so far.

I reached out yesterday to request some further details. I haven’t heard back - please respond when you can.