Consumer NIGHTMARE: Dyson's Defective Adapter and Poor Service (Up-Top Adaptor; Turkey) | Dyson Community
Question

Consumer NIGHTMARE: Dyson's Defective Adapter and Poor Service (Up-Top Adaptor; Turkey)

• 20 May 2024
  • 1 reply

Greetings to all, 
I am writing to express my deep disappointment and frustration with Dyson (Turkey), as their handling of my recent issue has severely tarnished my trust in the Dyson brand. Please also see the photos below. 

Summary

The Up Top adapter, gifted from Turkey, broke right after I started using it, showing a clear manufacturing flaw. Dyson quickly sent a replacement, but this second piece broke the same way, making the product useless due to an obvious production error. Despite reaching out to Dyson twice, they offered no solution beyond the initial replacement covered by the warranty.

This leaves me questioning how Dyson handles product quality and customer support. How should I address this blatant breach of consumer rights?

The Longer Story

The Up Top adapter, a gift from a friend in Turkey, broke during its initial use, indicating a clear manufacturing defect. I reached out to Dyson's technical service, and they promptly sent a replacement, which I appreciated at the time. However, they didn't require the return of the defective unit or conduct any technical assessment.

Unfortunately, the replacement broke in the exact same manner and location upon my first attempt to use it. It broke so quickly that I couldn't use the product at all.

I contacted Dyson twice more to seek a remedy. Unfortunately, in both conversations, they didn't ask for any details or request a photo of the product. Instead, they reiterated their inability to provide further assistance beyond the initial replacement covered by the warranty period. Since the replacement they provided was also flawed, their response offered no solution to the ongoing issue.

I feel deceived. When a product is replaced under warranty, the replacement should meet acceptable quality standards. The fact that it broke without proper use indicates a fundamental manufacturing flaw. Dyson Turkey has effectively sold me a faulty product twice, accepting payment for an item that fails to function. This situation deeply upsets me because I genuinely appreciate my Dyson, and being taken advantage of in this manner is unacceptable.

What can I do to address this blatant breach of consumer rights? And rebuild my positive emotional connection with Dyson? 

Many thanks. 

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

1 reply

That's very sad to hear. My favourite thing about Dyson has always been the positive attitude of the customer service. I hope they realise their mistake and fix it as soon as possible. It is obvious that there is a manufacturing problem with the part…