Cordless - Main part broken in under a year. Is this usual? | Dyson Community
Solved

Cordless - Main part broken in under a year. Is this usual?

• 24 October 2023
  • 4 replies

icon

Best answer by DavidTaylor 26 October 2023, 11:02

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @redjet

Hard to say. Companies will usually claim wear and tear is the result of most failures, with accidental damage taking up a small percentage. Dyson offer a 2-year warranty against their Cordless cleaners. You’ll need to contact Dyson to make a claim. Contact details are on the Visit Dyson.com link.

David. 

Hi David. Thanks. It's been used on a rug and a smooth hardwood floor. Seems poor design. As for contacting Dyson, over an hour waiting on the phone, and WhatsApp spend over 24hrs saying they're looking into it. Possibly it's a known issue.

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

All manufactures provide a warranty for damages or failures. I wouldn't necessarily say the existence of a cover period is an indication to ‘known issues’ or that this is a regular occurrence. A warranty is in case something should go wrong. 

There’s shouldn’t be anything for the team at Dyson to look into, they should just place an order for a new component. Assuming you’re in the UK, the team are going through service outages. I recommend following the CMs suggestions for help. 

“Please navigate to your local Dyson Support page and click the purples button to speak to our Digital Assistant and enter a Live Chat’”

It should see you receive a quicker service and a resolution. 

David.

Thanks again. I would contact Dyson but they seem to be a firm that doesn't wish to be contacted. This part is less than a year old. Not the first time I've seen poor quality from Dyson. One of the nozzles that cam with this also kept slipping back (nozzle brush). I was sent 3 replacements, all with the same failings. But at least I was able to contact Dyson which now seems impossible.