Cordless V10 - I wonder if I revise my serial number | Dyson Community
Solved

Cordless V10 - I wonder if I revise my serial number

• 3 February 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

My new v10 lasted two weeks before constantly stopping. Wasted several days on WhatsApp showing screenshots and videos. (Don't do that is my advice.) Finally just phoned them. So a new main body turned up today (it seems OK but let’s see) but of course the serial number is different. Do Dyson know that on my account? Not sure how I change it.

(Moderation Edit - Tags Added/Title Updated) 

icon

Best answer by Dyson Community Moderator 4 February 2023, 18:24

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @bobby 

A great question! There are two scenarios, both in which we’d still retain the serial number for your machine/any replacement machine we send. 

1. If you received a replacement machine, we’d have the new serial number notated on the account. This is as well as the original.
  2. If we sent you a new part, main body or battery, this would be done under warranty/serial of your machine. Just to note, on the V10 series the serial number can be found on the bottom of the battery. It would be strange for the main body to have its own serial number. 

If you’re still concerned and wanted to double check things once more, I’d encourage you to continue your conversation with the local service team. The best method is to call them direct and they usually answer the phone within a few minutes.

Their contact number can be found in the ‘Contact us’ section of the Guides and manuals page.

Thanks, 

Kelly

Userlevel 1

No, the same number was on the battery and on the inside of the main body section where the battery fits in. So now I have different numbers. I’ll give them a ring some time.