Cordless V11 motor - How can I identify it is genuine? | Dyson Community
Solved

Cordless V11 motor - How can I identify it is genuine?

• 9 February 2023
  • 3 replies

I own a V11 stick. Is there a way I can make sure the motor is the same one which came with the new one.

Is there a serial number or so of the motor with is associated with the vacuum stick’s serial number.

I want to make sure the motor was not tampered with, when it was repaired.

(Moderation edit - Title Updated)

icon

Best answer by Dyson Community Moderator 10 February 2023, 20:44

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Nope. I wasn’t even aware these could be replaced/repaired. I don’t think this is something Dyson even offer!! aren’t they sealed inside the handle/housing?

The only way to be sure would be to order another motor/housing and replace it yourself. That or go back to those that repaired it? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hello @prashanths 

To my knowledge, the actual motor itself wouldn’t have a serial number. If your unit was repaired at a Dyson Service Center, we would only repair your machine with OEM parts, so you would be guaranteed that parts are genuine. If the repair was carried out at any other type of repair facility, we would not be able to make that same guarantee. 

Thanks for the responses. Unfortunately the repair wasn’t from a Dyson service center.

Time to get a new one :)