Cordless V7 Replacement Battery Guarantee - Feedback | Dyson Community

Cordless V7 Replacement Battery Guarantee - Feedback

• 15 February 2023
  • 4 replies

Paid out £65 for a replacement battery for my 3rd Dyson vacuum in 17 years only to now find Dysons guarantee is only a year for replacement batteries! Theoretically I could have bought 2 generic batteries for this price or even a cheaper throwaway vacuum cleaner BUT I trusted Dysons good name & ordered the official replacement. How on earth can this be right? A 2 year guarantee on a battery with a new vacuum however only 12 months on the same item but bought as a replacement?

For the price paid Dyson batteries should be guaranteed for longer or at least last longer.

Sorry Dyson but you have lost a customer, other companies not only offer 5 year guarantee with their cordless vacuums BUT also offer 2 batteries. 

Goodbye Dyson you've had enough of my money!

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

4 replies

Hi @Disgruntled Customer

An unpleasant predicament. Not made any better by the last reply. 

Sadly there isn’t anything you’ll be able to do. They are rather clear on their terms of purchase and I can’t see any mis-leading text to the contrary. 

A couple of things to bear in mind should you continue with your purchase of a replacement battery, even that from another retailer.

Battery degradation is a real-world problem and doesn't just affect Dyson. Refer to this topic when thinking about battery powered products in the future: Understanding Battery Degradation.

There are actions that can be undertaken to try to prolong the batteries discharge rate: Consider the discussion here: How to maximise your cordless vacuums battery life.

Dyson have their own page on battery life and tips at prolonging it. An example can be seen on the Dyson UK Website here: https://www.dyson.co.uk/support/vacuum-cleaners/cordless/battery-care.

Pete. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Just to add my own two cents here, @Disgruntled Customer, we go to great lengths to make sure our battery technology undergoes significant safety checks and quality controls. We can’t guarantee the same of third-party parts. Only by using a genuine Dyson battery are you ensuring that your machine continues to work as intended, and that your warranty remains intact. I hope this provides some further clarity. 

@WoodenMan 

Thank you for your input. No the previous reply was not helpful!

I  have always followed the Dyson guides on charging.

After reading an article about how Dyson batteries should last 3-4 years (depreciation taken into account) I am disappointed that my initial battery started playing up after just over 2 years & the replacement in under 2 years. I do feel for the initial cost of a new Dyson that they should supply 2 batteries.

@kellym 

Thanks for your two cents BUT my Dyson is out of guarantee?

A friend purchased a generic for her Dyson just before I ordered mine, hers is still running just fine & without issue? Mine however works fine on normal power but cuts out after 1 minute on max.

As previously mentioned it's surely not too much to expect a genuine Dyson replacement battery to be guaranteed for the same amount of time as the initial battery which WAS guaranteed 2 years.

Also, for the cost to be sullied with 2 interchangeable batteries upon purchase.

All irrelevant now as once this Dyson packs in I will not be buying another!