Cordless V8 - Do the newer batteries come with a longer run time? | Dyson Community
Solved

Cordless V8 - Do the newer batteries come with a longer run time?

• 19 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Are newer batteries available with longer run times than the original that came with my Dyson 8 Absolute?  Thank you

icon

Best answer by Dyson Community Moderator 22 February 2023, 20:11

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

3 replies

Not from Dyson. I received my “new” ($150+) V8 replacement battery last Thursday and it is a dud-- 4 blinking red lights and will not charge. I tried to use the online chat help and spoke with “Abdul” who was a complete idiot in the CSR world. After 30 minutes having circular conversations he was going to give me a 20% discount and said I needed to buy a new body (the motor/handle section). WTAF?! I’m sitting here now and can plug the older battery in and get blue lights; but, the “new” battery just blinks red. Anyway, just ranting before I attempt to get hold of someone at Dyson and get a replacement for the replacement.

Hi @ginger1029 

As you know the Dyson V8 machines have a run time of up to 40 minutes, should you experience a reduced run time you could order a spare battery. 

I'll drop a link below to a conversation from other owners that may be of interest, should you wish to upgrade to our latest technology with a longer run time:

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

To piggyback off what @Courtney mentioned above, we would not suggest using an extra battery as a back-up on any Dyson cord-free machine where the battery screws in to place (V7, V8, V10, some V11 models). The constant removal of the tiny screws that holds the battery into place can strip over time, so this is not a suggested method on those models.

I had just re-shared this article on another thread there, but it’s a good read if you have a cord-free machine. There’s some great tips here to help you maximize the run time you get on your Dyson.