Customer service woes | Dyson Community
Skip to main content

Customer service woes

• 11 July 2024
  • 0 replies

A couple of weeks ago I noticed that cracks had appeared on the handle of my V15 Detect, and they were getting longer.  I chatted with customer service and sent them pictures of the handle.  I have a theory that the Dyson stand exerts undue force on the handle when the V15 is hanging from the stand. They immediately offered to replace the main body free of charge, but said it was out of stock.  I was told that they couldn’t back-order the part; they’d let me know when it was back in stock, at which time I would have to initiate a new conversation with customer service and start again.

Earlier this week I received an email saying that the main body was back in stock, so I initiated another chat with customer service.  After having gone through all the security questions and provided the serial number again I was informed that the part was out of stock, but they would email me when it was back in stock, at which time I’d have to initiate a new chat and start from square one.

Surely there must be a better way of handling such situations?  As well as the V15 I have a DC33, two Heurists and a Vis Nav.  I dread having to re-enter this wormhole if anything goes wrong with another machine.  Not happy!

I tried writing to the CEO but have not had the courtesy of a reply.

This inactive topic has now been automatically closed. For help or advice, please create a new topic.