Defective Cordless Vaccumm DO NOT BUY | Dyson Community
Skip to main content

People,

My wife had been wanting a Dyson Vacuum over some years and finally my stepson was able to purchase this for her for Christmas 2.5 years ago. The Vacuum had been given us issues and we followed the troubleshooting procedure as reps advised. The problem remained. Then, they emailed saying that the body needed to be replaced but it is out of warranty and now is my responsibility to purchase it. What in the world is this?????????????? The most expensive unit DYSON in the industry and within 2 years becomes defective, and now it is up the consumer to repay to fix it??? DYSON IS THE WORST COMPANY WITH PRODUCTS I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED!!!!! DO NOT BUY!!!! NOT WORTH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi @adrianunda,

Welcome to the Dyson Community!

Dyson cordless vacuums include a free 2-year warranty, effective from the date of purchase from Dyson direct or from one of our authorised retail partners. Your Dyson warranty is validated by your proof of purchase - your original store receipt, or a copy of your order confirmation email if you ordered online. It covers your machine in the unusual event of a breakdown due to a manufacturing issue.

Outside of the 2-year warranty period, repairs or replacement parts would be chargeable - if your machine is now 2.5 years old, it sounds like you’ve been correctly advised.

If you’d like to go ahead with replacing the Main body assembly, please continue your conversation with Dyson Customer Care in your region. You can reach them by visiting Dyson.com and clicking Support.

Good afternoon.

Jack, 

As you know, Dyson is an expensive brand. I understand the 2 year warranty plan. However, put yourself in the consumer’s shoes after buying an expensive item to be defective after 2 years. This horrible. But, Seems like we will take our loses with DYSON. My family and I will NOT spend any more money on this brand ever again due to its Defectiveness!

Thank you for replying. 

Sincerely,

Adrian Unda