Detail cleaning kit (SKU: 972203-01) supply issues? | Dyson Community
Solved

Detail cleaning kit (SKU: 972203-01) supply issues?

• 27 April 2024
  • 1 reply

Since purchasing a gen5detect from Dyson Australia’s web site in July 2023, I’ve been keen to buy the Detail cleaning kit (SKU: 972203-01) to get the extension hose and the nice scratch-free dusting brush.

I have revisited the site a number of times and it has always been out of stock - I’ve clicked on “Notify me”, of course, but have also contacted Dyson by Facebook Messenger to ask when they’re coming back into stock and the response has been to wait.

On Friday this week (yesterday) I got an email saying that the Detail cleaning kit was back in stock! I opened the email a few hours after it was sent and clicked the link to go to the store … and it’s out of stock again! All sold out very quickly?

What’s happening? Are there really serious issues with supply? What are other people doing? Should I try ordering from Dyson in another country? Or just give up and buy third-party accessories online? Plenty of those to choose from, at least…

icon

Best answer by Jack 2 May 2024, 13:59

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @ashugg,

Welcome to the Dyson Community!

I’m sorry to hear you’ve had difficulty ordering the Detail cleaning kit - demand is high and new stock tends to sell out very quickly, so we would always recommend ordering promptly as soon as you receive an email alert, to avoid disappointment.

Please be assured we’re doing everything we can to add new stock of spare parts and accessories as soon as we’re able to. In the meantime, all we can suggest is re-registering to be notified when more stock is added in future.

I’m sorry I can’t offer a more conclusive answer here!