Difference between V15 Detect Absolute vs Detect Extra - Purchasing Advice | Dyson Community
Solved

Difference between V15 Detect Absolute vs Detect Extra - Purchasing Advice

• 11 May 2023
  • 5 replies

Can someone please help me with some info regarding this?

The only difference seems to be the HEPA filter and some accessories. Am I missing anything?

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 11 May 2023, 14:25

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

5 replies

Exactly that. Run time, suction power, bin capacity etc is standard. Give V15 Detect Absolute + (Gold) vs V15 Detect Extra - Purchasing Advice | Dyson Community a read for the official in community answer.

Exactly that. Run time, suction power, bin capacity etc is standard. Give V15 Detect Absolute + (Gold) vs V15 Detect Extra - Purchasing Advice | Dyson Community a read for the official in community answer.

Hello and thank you for your answer.

But that seems to be Absolute + vs Detect Extra. I don’t have the plus model.

Hello and thank you for your answer.

But that seems to be Absolute + vs Detect Extra. I don’t have the plus model.

Sorry. I missed the (+). They’re essentially the same machine. The suction, bin capacity, charge time, operational time and weight are the same. Other than the tools the only really noticeable difference is the filtration. The extra has the upgraded filtration, called the HEPA filter. I don’t know too much about that filter, but here;s some information that may help. What is the difference between purple and blue post HEPA filters for V15? | Dyson Community

I’ve read that the aspiration tool (head) is incorporated in the stick, but I’m not sure if that’s real or not (or helpful)

I’ve read that the aspiration tool (head) is incorporated in the stick, but I’m not sure if that’s real or not (or helpful)

It’s the same design, if it’s on one of their models, it will be on the rest in the Gen5 series.