Dire customer service- How did you resolve it? | Dyson Community
Solved

Dire customer service- How did you resolve it?

• 10 April 2024
  • 2 replies

This is what’s advertised but not met.

I ordered my hoover on the Thursday morning at 9:30. When it didn’t arrive on Good Friday I thought it was because it was a bank holiday and therefore it’d be delivered on the Saturday. 

When my tracking information was showing it was still in the depot lunch time Saturday I phoned Dyson customer service. I was told it was due for delivery that day and to be patient. It never arrived.

I could have ordered from elsewhere and paid £50 less but I wanted the next day delivery as I was going away on the Tuesday. 

Tuesday, I ring Dyson again and ask to cancel my order as it still hadn’t arrived as per the 35 day money back guarantee.

Advised as it was with the courier they couldn’t do that and I’d have to wait until I received the machine and phone again to arrange collection.

I phoned after finally receiving it on my return from holiday and asked for price match. Told they couldn’t do it. So I said I wanted my machine collected and I’d order the same Hoover from elsewhere for £50 less. I was told it could be collected this Monday just gone. Did I want am or pm slot. I said am. 

The Hoover wasn’t collected in the am so I rang again to be told it could be collected anytime up to 7pm and to wait. 

Yesterday, called to find out what’s happening and the lady couldn’t find my order or anything to do with my collection and advised someone would call me back. Nothing. A joke! 

I’m in the UK, yet every customer service agent has had an American accent. Is their help desk even in the UK? Has Dyson been sold to an American company?

Anyone got any great suggestions on how to get this resolved as Dyson’s customer service is appalling?

icon

Best answer by Jack 11 April 2024, 11:53

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @TJB24,

I’ve reached out to you directly, and I’ll look forward to hearing back!

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @TJB24,

Just following up on our messages - I'm glad to hear you've now been able to return your machine to us.

I'll be happy to pass your feedback on the courier to the right teams for you, and can only apologise again for any inconvenience caused.

You're very welcome to come back to us here at the Dyson Community if you need further advice or support at any point.