Discrepancy within Serial Numbers | Dyson Community
Skip to main content
Solved

Discrepancy within Serial Numbers

• 20 June 2023
  • 2 replies

I bought a V11 Total Clean vacuum cleaner directly from Dyson, which was delivered yesterday, 19 June 2023 evening. Prior to the delivery, I received an email from do.not.reply@dyson.com on 18/06/2023 16:19, stating that the guarantee for my V11 is active. The email also stated the Serial Number of the V11. On 20 June 2023, when assembling the V11, I checked the actual serial number by removing the battery on the V11. Unfortunately, the serial numbers on the email and on the V11 did not match. So, I called Dyson and spoke to Lorna at 16:35 on 20 June 2023. She was not concerned about this discrepancy and when I insisted that Dyson investigate the discrepancy, she suggested that send a WhatsApp message to Dyson. Due to lack of exposure to WhatsApp, I preferred to use email. According to Lorna, WhatsApp is the only medium to interact with Dyson for such matters.  

Dyson don’t have an active or monitored email. They only have a few contact options these days.

This looks to be an admin error. Ask that they remove the incorrect serial and add the new one. Alternatively, you can just register the new serial yourself.

Same thought exactly. Clinical error. Nothing stopping you registering your Stick vac 😃