Dyson customer Service feels like dealing with scammers | Dyson Community

Dyson customer Service feels like dealing with scammers

• 11 January 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

I have contacted Dyson (Chat)  because my air purifier (that i rely on for my asthmatic daughter) was malfunctioning less than 6 months in use. They suggested exchanging it for me. The customer service rep told me to send the machine asap for replacement and they would release the new one as soon as they receive it. They received mine on Dec 8. 4 chats later (last one being today), customer service reps (all on chat) assured me using the exact language that my machine has been released and to wait 24-48 hours for my tracking nb to be emailed.

Needless to say I received nothing. I am without a machine and countless wasted hours on chat repeating the story to get it resolved. 

These machines aren’t cheap and I never had so many issues with a reputable company before. Dyson customer service feels like you are dealing with a sham company that is trying to scam you! Terrible and very unfortunate experience and would be discouraging anyone from buying Dyson products solely based on the poor horrible service you receive if things go wrong. I am still as we speak waiting for a confirmation on the release of my purifier.

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

2 replies

Hi @rania ,thanks for letting us know about this. Dyson do challenge themselves to offer the highest levels of service, so I can only apologies for the experience you’ve had so far.

As the community team have limited to no access into customer account information, we wouldn’t be able to investigate this on your behalf. I’d encourage you to continue your conversation with the customer service team. For whatever reason you’re unable to contact the team through the telephone, please use the Live Chat service. To do this, please navigate to your local Dyson Support page and click the purples button to speak to our Digital Assistant and enter a Live Chat. 

Please also feel free to reach out to us via email at askdysonus@dyson.com .

Userlevel 1

Hello @Summer.Jackson I haven’t yet received any news from your company and I have waited once again after yet another scammer customer service person promised me they took care of resolving this and will be receiving the fedex confirmation of the new machine in 24- 48 hrs. I have waited 72. I have chatted 5 times and things haven’t been resolved. I also sent an email to address you provided.

Please let me know what else can be done, you took my old machine which was malfunctioning under warranty after 4 month (your quality control problem) and now held it hostage and I have no machine. 

Who can I speak to to resolve this. If they cannot send a machine on time then why not refund me the hefty price I paid to go out and get another??