Dyson Gen5 cosmetic issues | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson Gen5 cosmetic issues

• 20 January 2024
  • 2 replies

I just bought a Gen5 vacuum cleaner yesterday from Harvey Norman store in Victoria (Australia) and have noticed the following issues:

1. The Red seal on the vacuum cleaner has come off within an hour of usage. Is this a common issue with the Gen5 models? Will Dyson replace this with a brand new unit given this would probably affect the functionality?
  2. The plastic finish on the vacuum cleaner doesn’t seems to be perfect and is not visually appealing. When I took it back to the store they said that it was the normal finish on all the Gen5 models. Is this true?

Look forward for to your responses. Thanks much!

icon

Best answer by Jack 24 January 2024, 12:26

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @bg003,

Welcome to the Dyson Community, and congratulations on your new Dyson Gen5detect™ vacuum!

I can reassure you the flowlines you can see on the machine’s casing are a totally normal part of the injection molding process. They’re more noticeable due to the metallic compound we use. The exact pattern is unique to each machine, but you will find them on any Dyson vacuum - they are not a defect in any way.

It’s normal for the red cyclone gasket to encounter some wear and tear in daily use, and shouldn’t impact performance unless significant sections are missing from the machine, but it's surprising to hear this has happened so quickly for you. To discuss this further, please reach out to the Dyson Australia Customer Care team, who will be happy to take some additional details.

Hope this helps!