Dyson V10 Boing Sound Not working | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson V10 Boing Sound Not working

• 1 November 2023
  • 2 replies

Grateful for any help/suggestions as I need a clean house again! We had out Dyson V10 for just under 2 years. It suddenly stopped working and now making boing/boing sounds only when pushing the trigger. We clean it fully, changed filter and can’t see any blockages. Has anyone else had the same issue. Unfortunately, it only had a one year warranty.

Thank you so much! 

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 6 November 2023, 17:31

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

2 replies

@Pamir  Hi there! Thanks for the post.

The only cause of the pulsing you mentioned, as a machine design feature , is a blocked airway.

Some places may not be obvious. Please load up this video and follow along:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DG5gzpanxCA&list=PLDfU9nMES75N6oC6l1gAKILNjr9gh3B1K&index=15

If the issue persists after that, there may be a deep clog in the cyclone. This would be due to the machine sucking up something very fine en masses, like powder or flour, etc.

In this case, the main body/cyclone will need to be replaced. Please contact support for that part if the above steps fail. Good luck.

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond. We have cleaned the machine fully but the issue still persists. I called Dyson last week and they said it is due to the battery, so we got a new battery but still have the same issue. I will call them back again tomorrow.