Dyson V11 Pulsing onEco & Auto Replaced Nearly All Parts | Dyson Community
Skip to main content
Question

Dyson V11 Pulsing onEco & Auto Replaced Nearly All Parts

• 27 June 2024
  • 2 replies

I have a Dyson V11 Absolute, it’s now out of warranty as it’s over 3 years old   A few months ago it started pulsing on auto and the brush head wouldn’t spin unless the hoover was operated on Boost Mode then everything works as normal. 
I’ve followed ALL the Dyson and forum advice firstly ensuring there are no blockages anywhere when that didn’t work I replaced the filter and bush head. Still having the same problem, I’ve now just spent another £65 on a new body direct from Dyson, fitted it and still it surges on auto and the brush head won’t spin unless on boost. 
so £57 brush head

£20 for new filters

£65 new body 

£142 spent so far on fault finding and rectifying and I still have the same problem. I know think that there maybe some sort of fault in the electronics of this machine possibly on the circuit board?

is there anyone out there that can offer any other advice about the possible fault as I love the machine and also think for  the price I originally paid direct from Dyson plus all of the replacement parts again from Dyson it should last longer than it has as the only things I have to hoover are a bedroom carped a large carpet/rug and a floor runner so it hasn’t been over used. 

This inactive topic has now been automatically closed. For help or advice, please create a new topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

​Hi @Chally2,

Thanks for getting in touch to let us know about this. For support, you'll need to talk directly to our Dyson Customer Care experts in your region to run through some troubleshooting checks. This should help pinpoint exactly where the fault lies.

So we can help resolve things as quickly as possible, please visit Dyson.com and click the round purple button to launch the Dyson Digital Assistant. Then follow the 'Registration and technical support' prompt to reach one of our Dyson Experts.

We'll look forward to speaking with you!

I did contact Dyson customer support and you asked for an additional £100 to take the machine away and inspect it which would have made my total spend £242 which I find excessive for repairs. 
when I declined you then offered a new hoover for a further £350 which a can’t afford either. 
I have ordered another part from Dyson at a cost of £125 and will be returning the first replacement for a £65 refund. So I’m hoping that will fix the issue. But, I did expect more support from Dyson considering the price of your products and the amount of them I have bought in the past. All registered in my Dyson account.