dyson v12 detect airway blockage | Dyson Community
Solved

dyson v12 detect airway blockage

A few weeks ago my Dyson v12 detect slim started saying the filter needed changing literally after every use. I have 2 genuine Dyson filters that I rotate. Last week the power on it started to randomly go off having to press the button a few times for it to work. I today used boost mode for the 1st time ever (it’s just over a year old,) It has now come up saying airway blocked and pulsating and switching off and yet again the message filter needs cleaning. I replaced it for the bone dry one in the airing cupboard. Still said filter needs cleaning, still said airway blocked.  The filter message has been doing that for a while, I replace with a clean filter, the message stays coming up, then randomly after a few uses goes off again.  Doing this on boost, eco and normal mode.

I contacted Dyson customer support who instigated a video call, they asked me to remove the filter, this is the filter I had changed to a clean one about an hour before and had subsequently only hoovered up a couple of areas, nothing heavy at all and the filter was according to them filthy and needed cleaning.  It was still saying airway blocked. I don’t understand how the filter was like it was, given it was clean on an hour before and I’d done minimal hoovering since. It’s a fine grey dust.

I have now cleaned the bin by removing it, checked all of it, replaced the filter again and it is still saying airway blocked. I am fastidious with my hoovers, I have two Dyson, so this is my upstairs one, it is now still saying airway blocked and pulsating and turning off but there is definitely nothing blocking any area I can get to. I dread having to ring customer support again as was made to feel I wasn’t genuine when I said I’d only changed the filter an hour before calling and was pretty much told the filter would be causing all of the issues as it was filthy, when it clearly is not the root cause of the trouble if it is getting like this after minimal use each time and seemed to be the start of the issues.  The filters recommended cleaning gaps are not every time you’ve used the hoover, I’ve checked. The filters never used to flash up needing changing and getting dusty so quickly for the first 11 months of its use, so why are they now I’ve not started hoovering anything different and my carpets are all hoovered at least twice a week, so aren’t massively dusty/dirty, I don’t have open fires or anything so it isn’t ash etc. I have now cleaned any area I can get to and there wasn’t any blockages I could find, yet it is now unusable as even with the clean filter and everything wiped down airway blocked is still showing with the guidance on where to check, but I’ve done all that and there isn’t any blockage.

I have looked on you tube, but all the videos are for checking places I’ve already looked for blockages and I am now at a bit of a loss. The machine is still under warranty and registered with Dyson.

icon

Best answer by Cornwall66 3 July 2024, 18:54

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Cornwall66,

Welcome to the Dyson Community!

I’m sorry to hear about your experience so far - it’s not what we’d expect from a Dyson machine. I’ve reached out directly to request some further information.

I’ll look forward to hearing from you.

I have the exact same problem. I keep the filter clean yet it says the airway is blocked and the filter needs cleaning. It does this even when the filter has JUST been cleaned. 

Credit where credit is due, since raising this issue via the forum, it was escalated when I provided further details and I have spoken to someone in Dyson escalation UK Team today who is arranging for a replacement machine for me and they will collect this clearly faulty one and I have received an email to confirm this replacement is booked in to be done. Fingers crossed it goes smoothly.