Dyson V12 Size Feedback - Price consideration and effectiveness | Dyson Community

Dyson V12 Size Feedback - Price consideration and effectiveness

• 20 October 2023
  • 2 replies

After having several of the Dyson vacuums, bought the V12. VERY disappointed.

This unit does not work  at any level.

The collection area is SO SMALL you can not do more than about an 6 X 10 ft room without emptying, especially if there is pet hair around.

The head keeps stopping if you use on anything but hard wood floors.

VERY difficult to remove the wand from the head for cleaning, or remove any of the heads at the end of the wand.

NOT WORTH THE nearly $700

Stuart 6 months ago

Hi @mikecot

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us here. 

Dyson cordless vacuums come in a range of different sizes, to suit the needs of different homes and users. Bin capacity and thus the collection area will generally be in proportion to the overall size and weight of the machine itself - from 0.20L on the compact Dyson Omni-glide™️ vacuum, right up to 0.77L on the new full-size Dyson Gen5detect™️ vacuum.

As a powerful but lightweight machine, the Dyson V12 Detect Slim™️ vacuum has a bin capacity of 0.35L. I’m sorry if you’re finding you’re needing to empty it more often than you’d like, but at least it does show it’s doing an effective job of picking up dust and debris from around the home! Although there’s nothing we can do to increase the capacity of the bin on your machine, I did want to highlight that we have vacuums with similar features and technology but greater bin capacity available if that’s a key consideration for you. 

I’d urge you to speak to Dyson direction, who may be able to offer a suitable alternative or suggestions for a replacement, based on the overall need and size of your home. 

To do this, simply click on our Dyson Support link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and select 'Start a conversation'  

Thanks, 

Stuart

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @mikecot

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us here. 

Dyson cordless vacuums come in a range of different sizes, to suit the needs of different homes and users. Bin capacity and thus the collection area will generally be in proportion to the overall size and weight of the machine itself - from 0.20L on the compact Dyson Omni-glide™ vacuum, right up to 0.77L on the new full-size Dyson Gen5detect™ vacuum.

As a powerful but lightweight machine, the Dyson V12 Detect Slim™ vacuum has a bin capacity of 0.35L. I’m sorry if you’re finding you’re needing to empty it more often than you’d like, but at least it does show it’s doing an effective job of picking up dust and debris from around the home! Although there’s nothing we can do to increase the capacity of the bin on your machine, I did want to highlight that we have vacuums with similar features and technology but greater bin capacity available if that’s a key consideration for you. 

I’d urge you to speak to Dyson direction, who may be able to offer a suitable alternative or suggestions for a replacement, based on the overall need and size of your home. 

To do this, simply click on our Dyson Support link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and select 'Start a conversation'  

Thanks, 

Stuart

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I have the Dyson V12 for my single apartment, and I’m quite happy with the results. I don’t have any pets so this unit serves me very well. My apartment is about 650 ft.² and I usually vacuum about half that size and I have absolutely no trouble completing the work without filling up the bin. So we are very different in our results and happily Dyson will give you other choices. I knew the Bin size Going into the purchase. Future purchasers should do the same before making any large item purchase.