Dyson V12 Slim Absolute Fault | Dyson Community
Skip to main content
Solved

Dyson V12 Slim Absolute Fault

• 25 July 2024
  • 3 replies

Hello, I am wondering if there is anyone higher up in the company who could help me with the issue of my broken V12 machine. I will list the issue below because I am not happy with the response from Customer Service hence my joining this site. There also appears to be no dedicated complaints facility.

I purchased the machine in July 2023 and in December that year the machine kept cutting out several seconds after being switched on. The main body and cyclone were replaced under warranty. 

Just over two weeks ago the same fault developed and I telephoned Customer Services. I was told that the main body and cyclone would be needed to be replaced again, but the parts were not in stock.

I have just telephone Customer Services for an update and I was told the parts are still unavailable with no idea when they would become available.

Having spent over £500 on what is supposedly a premium product I am still in effect without my machine. I get a vibe of ‘couldn’t care less’ attitude from Customer Service and you’ll just have to wait. 

I have read other articles about this cutting out fault so I guess it is a known about fault? I believe a decent big company would be looking at sending out a complete replacement unit if there is no absolute timeframe for replacement parts.

Hopefully someone from Dyson will read this and hopefully offer a bit of Good Customer Service!

This inactive topic has now been automatically closed. For help or advice, please create a new topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi @Mains1967,

Welcome to the Dyson Community, and thank you for letting us know about this.

I understand this has now been resolved for you?

You’re welcome to come back to us here at the Dyson Community if you need further advice or support at any point.

I am experiencing a very similar situation. 
my air purifier fan went in for a repair in June and I have not received the machine yet due to complications with DPD.

I can accept these types of issues and I have been very patient and understanding throughout the process however I feel the customer support over the phone hasn’t been satisfactory and I’ve been unable to receive any reassuring advice or updates. I requested several call backs but didn’t receive one unfortunately. 

I agree with you that customers should feel happy with their purchase and the aftercare is an important part of this!

Hi Jack, yes indeed the issue has now been resolved with my receiving a complete brand new machine this morning!

Credit where credit is due, I was very impressed with your prompt reply to my problem yesterday, and from the telephone call from Peter shortly afterwards who arranged delivery of my new machine. 

Many thanks, Andrew.