Dyson V15 - actual differences between versions | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson V15 - actual differences between versions

• 18 January 2024
  • 8 replies

• Novice Member
  • 4 replies

Hello

The following versions of V15 are available in the country for purchase. 

Detect submarine - 899 euro

Detect absolute - 749 euro

Detect plus - 699 euro

Detect total clean - 599 euro

Accessories seem to be what makes the cost difference and some displays showing dust and scientifically cleaned etc. Submarine washes the floor too so more expensive, so not interested. 

What would be the key differences that would make Detect absolute a better choice over the others, and absolute over total clean?

Thank you for your time and the help.

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 19 January 2024, 00:45

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

8 replies

@Xpto Thanks for your post.

First, let’s establish that all V15 models EXCEPT the “submarine” models are the same machine.
The ONLY differences will be the colourways and the package of tools that come in the box. So do check the product listing pages to check to see which tools come in the box with the various variants.

Then, the “submarine” models will include the separate wet head and the capability to clean floors with wet and dry cleaning. (wet only on hard flooring)

NOTE: ONLY the models with “submarine” in the name have the capability for wet cleaning, you can’t add this capability to other versions of V15.

Thank you Adam! This helps.

Userlevel 1

I recently purchased V15 total from the "Never knowingly undersold" store as it was out of stock at Dyson. The accessory package there contains more than some other offers. Very pleased with very powerful machine at a competitive price. It is our 3rd stick cleaner from Dyson in 7 years and all are still working donated to family members.  

Appreciate the feedback. I decided to hold of a little longer. Given how low the stock is for the abosolute I assume a new model is coming out. 

Userlevel 1

A new version has recently been launched which features special filtering arrangements. It is described on the Dyson site.

Thank you. 

This is what is available in Ireland. Is the Gen5 you are referring to?

Userlevel 1

Yes. That's the one on the website. 

I honestly don’t get why manufacturers are doing the same engine and then different flavours and so many models - pet, animal, absolote, complete, total care, total care +. 

If in the future a brand can come up with a single vaccum with a basic set of acessories and then add-ons that would be great.