Dyson V7 Motorhead - shuts down on MAX mode - Recommendations on next steps welcome | Dyson Community
Solved

Dyson V7 Motorhead - shuts down on MAX mode - Recommendations on next steps welcome

• 17 August 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi everyone! 
Just wanted to see if anybody had same experience with their Dyson V7 Motorhead. Basically purchased one a few years ago, and encountered problem with it probably a year in when the vacuum would shut down completely when using the MAX mode. For reference, the V7 had 2 modes you can toggle between: Powerful mode – for longer suction – and MAX mode, for stronger suction. Did all the trouble shooting tips but to no avail. Thought maybe it was a battery problem?

Did not call Dyson support for this - basically because

- it was out of the 2 year warranty already and
-my husband did some tinkering with port where the quick release tools attached (which probably invalidated any Dyson warranty to smitherins!)

So yeah, anybody had same problem with the V7? Im asking coz been meaning to buy new one but those available were again the V7 and V8 (the others were too expensive for my budget). Im worried the same thing happening again and just needed to know where we went wrong in terms of maybe maintenance with the battery charging or cleaning of the filter? I mean the vacuum is still working when on Powerful mode and only shuts down on the Max mode but saying that I find the Max mode to be more effective thus the vacuum cleaner is doing a subpar job and needs to be retired. 

Many Thanks,

Diane

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 19 August 2023, 10:49

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

2 replies

Hello @DTan 

We're sorry to hear that you're machine cuts out when you use the Max mode.

It doesn’t sound like this is caused by a blockage, however I’d encourage you to review our diagnostics to checks o the Dyson Support | Troubleshooting | Dyson page. 

If you’re unable to identify the issue through the online checks, our customer service team will assist you further. 

Please get in touch via our local WhatsApp channel, where one of our team will be happy to discuss the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and start a WhatsApp conversation. 

If you'd prefer, you're welcome to call the Dyson Helpline to speak with our experts directly. You can find their number in the ‘Contact us’ section of the page. 

Hope this helps! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

I feel like this is similar to this post. V7 motorhead - Max Power mode inoperable | Dyson Community.