Dyson V8 Absolute design flaws? | Dyson Community
Skip to main content

Dear all, I have been trying to get an email address with no success to bring this to the attention of someone in Dyson land with technical responsibility so resort to here for any suggestions or remarks.

I own a Dyson V8 Absolute cordless vacuum. There seem to be 2 design flaws which are basic IMO.

1. when using the powered anti hair wrap agitator brush the rear large (~3cm dia) disc wheels leave pairs of ugly tramlines across my carpets. The wheels are fairly old traditional design concept to allow easy steering, angled conical discs. But on this floor head they seem much  sharper on the outer edge than my old dyson. Being the case they dig in to the carpets and leave pairs of ugly lines where I have covered the floor.  Any suggestions?
  2. The dust bin has an internal plastic web from the base to the internal cylinder right at the front of the unit. When the debris is collected in the bin this web stops the waste circulating evenly around the bin. So that when in use with the bin held and angled ( at approximately 45 degrees ) the front of the bin fills really fast as debris is stopped by the web whilst the rear remains empty. The whole bin is not actually made use of. I may grind the web off but have not looked into the strength of the bin yet.

Ideas, opinions, thoughts please. or even a contact email to technical support!

Hi @Timbo,

Welcome to the Dyson Community, and thanks for your feedback on your Dyson V8™️ vacuum! We’re sorry you’re unhappy with these features of your machine’s design.

The V-ball wheel enables articulated maneuverability for vacuuming around and underneath obstacles, furniture and chair legs while maintaining consistent contact with the floor surface.

If you’re bothered by the temporary indentations left in the carpet pile, finish each vacuuming pass with a reverse pass so the motorised brush bar can help remove these.

The baffle within the clean bin forces dust and debris to settle, preventing it from becoming re-entrained and making its way up to the mesh shroud. This in turns helps the cyclone pack work more effectively.

The way in which the bin fills will depend on the types of dust, debris and hair being picked up, but it’s normal for the bin to fill irregularly on some occasions. We’d just recommend emptying it as debris reaches the level of the Max line shown on the bin wall.

We wouldn’t recommend attempting to remove the baffle as this may void your machine’s Dyson warranty.

We wouldn’t consider these flaws, but intentional aspects of the machine’s design. There’s nothing we can do to change the design of your vacuum, but feedback like this is always valuable in developing new technology and we’ll be happy to pass your comments along to the right people for you.