Dyson Wet Roller Head | Dyson Community
Skip to main content

Dyson Wet Roller Head

• 15 July 2024
  • 3 replies

I bought the new Dyson Submarine machine in December of 2023.  Nearly $1000 for this machine.  I was stoked to see a machine like this as it seemed very easy to use and convenient.  Overall the product started out working great!  I was excited.  Then in March, the wet roller head quit working.  I called Dyson, they said they would replace the head but it was out of stock.  I said okay no problem.  One month later, I didn’t see an alert on my email that it was back in stock yet.  I called back and they said it was still out of stock but they could replace the machine.  I asked how long that would take, they said 10-14 days after we receive your machine.  But they said I need to find a box to send it back in and they won’t send the replacement until they receive the broken one.  I said, can’t you just send a replacement head?  They said no we need to replace the entire machine.  I told them I can’t go without a vacuum that long and they didn’t offer a solution.  I then contact the better business bureau.  Here was the response after I just asked for a refund of the $249 for the wet roller head portion of the machine, since it was broken.  

“Thank you for contacting Dyson. 

We are sorry to hear of the owner's concerns.  After review of the account, an exchange is the resolution that we can offer. Typically the exchange process does not take a month to complete.

The return of the damaged or faulty machine can be set up with UPS drop off. UPS will package the item, affix the label and confirm with Dyson the item is in route. The replacement order will then be triggered to ship. Shipping typically takes 3-5 business days to deliver depending on the owner's location. 

We are happy to help this owner with an exchange order if they are in agreement. 

Our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience and we thank the owner for their continued patience.”

I thought, great!  That makes sense.  Today, mid July I called back and said I’d like to set up my return now.  They proceeded to tell me it was back to the 10-14 day timeframe after they receive my machine.  I told them I reached out to the BBB and read them the above.  They responded with “what do you not understand about what I just told you”.  I was blown away.  I asked for a supervisor.  They said, “why do you want to talk to a supervisor when I just told you what we can do”.   I told them because it wasn’t what was promised to me.  They put me back on hold for several minutes and said that a supervisor will email me in the next 48 hours.

At this point, I feel like I am being bullied into accepting the broken part and just being out the money.  While they offered a solution, it is anything but reasonable to be without a vacuum for that timeframe.  And after reading other reviews, it sounds like it is a gamble to even receive a replacement part.  I wonder if I can dispute the charge with my credit card company.  This is a scam.  

Bottom line?  Do not buy a Dyson machine, no matter what!  

This inactive topic has now been automatically closed. For help or advice, please create a new topic.

3 replies

I created a post on this platform but it hasn’t shown up on here.  Did Dyson remove it?

Has anybody else had issues with the wet roller head attachment?  Mine broke 2 months after purchase and getting Dyson to replace it is harder than fighting the IRS on a tax liability.  

And here we are nearly two weeks later and even though Dyson was going to have an “escalations” team reach out, they have not done so.  DO NOT BUY A DYSON!  They don’t care about their customers and frankly scammed me with a faulty machine.