Faulty Hoover | Dyson Community
Skip to main content

Hi all - a year ago I invested in a Dyson Hoover costing over £250.  I thought a great company with a fabulous product with a British Inventor at the heart of the company  - its worth investing in something that will see me through the next few years.

Recently the battery stopped charging on the hoover and also the tubes stopped clicking together.  I contacted Customer Services (via their Chat facility) and arranged collection of my hoover so it could be repaired. At this time I was also charge £100.

The day of collection came and as it was an all day option I had to take a days holiday so I could be home.  On the morning of the collection I received an email that said DPD cant not collect and I would be given another date soon.

I contacted Customer Services again just now and have another collection date booked for 2 weeks time and have also been guaranteed an urgent refund.

My gripes:

1.  I asked to file an official complaint and have been told there is no process in place to do this - why is there no official process Dyson?
  2. I have been without a hoover for over two weeks now and with the next collection day two weeks away and then the repair time on top, its likely I will be without a hoover for 1-2 months.  How are people meant to survive without a hoover this long Dyson?
  3. I have had to take a days holiday and have just taken a second day so as to be home for the next collection date.  Why am I wasting my time on your faulty product Dyson?
  4. Why would such an expensive hoover not be fit for purpose Dyson?

Can someone from Dyson's senior management team please make contact with me so I can discuss my dissatisfaction more.

Thank you!

Be the first to reply!