Frustrating Day 1 Experience - V15 setup misleading | Dyson Community

Frustrating Day 1 Experience - V15 setup misleading

• 29 June 2023
  • 10 replies

Today is my day 1 with my new Dyson V15 detect. After unboxing, I tried to install the basic components. I did not able to connect the wand to main motor. I installed the Dyson app and register my machine to get support. Neither written instructions nor videos of dyson app describing were helpful. Eventually, after 30 min of call center conversation, it turned out all the instructions wrong! A brush needed to go in and connect both parts, how can you think about that! I have no idea why I got wrong instructions page or why the app is showing old version of vacuum installation videos. Please fix this before other people have the same frustration. I am waiting to have full charge, hopefully cleaning performance will make up all this frustration.

Anonymous 9 months ago

There a clip of it in the Gen5 video on YouTube.

If it doesn’t arrive like this:

Then it might be in two parts: 

Part 1

Part 2 - Slide the wand into the end:

Let’s hope they add this to the User Manual soon :) 

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

10 replies

Userlevel 5

Hopefully someone at Dyson is able to feed this back to the right team. What if anything did the call centre say regarding it? 

Did you fall back and watch the getting started video on YouTube? The App took me through to this and I found it helpful. There a similar post here on the community: Dyson Cordless vacuums: Getting started | Dyson Community.

Bob

Hopefully someone at Dyson is able to feed this back to the right team. What if anything did the call centre say regarding it? 

Did you fall back and watch the getting started video on YouTube? The App took me through to this and I found it helpful. There a similar post here on the community: Dyson Cordless vacuums: Getting started | Dyson Community.

Bob

Hello Bob,

That’s exactly the same wrong video that Dyson is leading me to. My machine has different clamp than what is shown this video (I tried to take picture of it at my previous post). Call center asked me to give feedback, thats it.

So Fedupmaria ….. We have exactly the same problem as you had 6 months ago...

Our Dyson V15 Detect Absolute+ arrived this evening, the model that is only available from Dyson Direct.

Machine:

V15 DETECT ABSOLUTE

After struggling for an hour to put the wand into the motor we have decided that we must have a part missing or the wand (with a clear plastic end) has the wrong fitting where it couples to the suction section. This clear part on one end of the wand, not shown in any of your videos. Please see the photos attached showing that the ends are not compatible.

Having checked the box twice for any extra parts & an instruction manual with diagrams we can confirm neither were included.

No instruction manual in the post.

We do not wish to watch You Tube videos which show us different parts to the one on our “all singing, all dancing” new Dyson.  At present it is unusable & ready to be sent back for a full refund.

Edited by moderator – personal information removed

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @Barb1741

Thanks for raising this - it doesn’t seem like you’ve had the best experience so far. 

Similarly, we’d had another one of our members raise the same issue. Whilst I wait to see if there’s information we can share officially from Dyson on supporting this going forward.

My hope is that either the photo provided above can support you, if not, maybe it’s something you can discuss on here.

Thanks, 

Stuart

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

@paul151084 

Does this image help?

All their material does feature this head. Is there anything on the box?

Thank you. I had the same trouble as Efeakinci. I eventually had a video call with a customer support agent who told me you need to fit one of the brushes on the end of the wand to fit it into the motor/handle. Not clear & not usual.
All sorted now & we love it. However, clear instructions are required in every box to alleviate the stress & these chats. £700 is a lot of money to pay for a top of the range product with the wrong video & no instruction manual. 

There a clip of it in the Gen5 video on YouTube.

If it doesn’t arrive like this:

Then it might be in two parts: 

Part 1

Part 2 - Slide the wand into the end:

Let’s hope they add this to the User Manual soon :) 

These posts saved me a weekend of tearing out my hair…..Suggestion to Dyson….just add a simple insert to the package when you ship, updating the assemble instructions.