G5 detect wall dock design flaw | Dyson Community
Skip to main content

G5 detect wall dock design flaw

Hello I recently purchased ( 2 days ago) the new g5 detect vacuum which is not a cheap vacuum. However I am of the opinion that Dyson vacuums are worth it. Imagine my horror when I realised I had mucked up the installation before I’d even switched the vacuum on?! I stupidly put the wall plate on the back of the wall dock ‘to keep it all together’ not realising it was then stuck there forever. I have contacted my local supplier, I’m in Dubai, to be told this. I am not asking for it to be covered under warranty but do expect a solution ie the ability to purchase a new wall plate and dock. I understand it in my error but it’s ridiculous that there is no option to buy a replacement. I’ve seen online this is a problem and obvious design flaw.  Please can Dyson make this part available to buy otherwise I’ve just spent a lot of money on something that I cannot store properly! Which is crazy! 

Dear Valued Customer,

Greetings from Dyson!  Hope you are doing well. 

The below shown damage comes under physical damage and it will not be covered under warranty.

https://www.dyson.ae/en-AE/footer-primary-links/warranty-terms

We understand that this may be disappointing news, and we apologize for any inconvenience caused.

also note that the wall dock is not available for sale.

For any immediate assistance or special instructions, please don't hesitate to contact our Dyson Customer Support at the Dyson Contact Center (800-8DYSON or 800-839766). 

Moderation edit - personal data removed]

This inactive topic has now been automatically closed. For help or advice, please create a new topic.