Gen5 gasket ripping | Dyson Community
Question

Gen5 gasket ripping

• 16 January 2024
  • 2 replies

Have had this less than a month, this can’t be normal. Has anyone seen this issue before where apparently the gasket is ripping? Is this decorative or should I consider this a functional defect? I’m a bit beside myself not knowing what to think, such an odd design choice to have this delicate material on the canister. Images below, please advise. 

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

2 replies

@J Dubbs Thanks for the post - I haven’t seen this specific issue with Gen5. Still that’s part of the “main body cyclone” in case a replacement part is needed. First, I’d look to see if this is creating an air leak - if so, I’d contact support right away. If not, it’s likely cosmetic and up to you if you want to get the part replaced right away.

I’m not trained on how to evaluate, but when I put my finger over that spot it feels like air is being sucked through the gap. The unfortunate thing is the material itself seems quite fragile and I’m unconvinced it won’t happen again. Perhaps it’s normally tucked in more? My gasket seems to be hanging out or misaligned(?). 

I tried to email support because the call center hours never line up with my schedule— been a few days and no response. I’ll try calling to see what they suggest here.