Gen5 Outsize wheels - snapped off | Dyson Community
Solved

Gen5 Outsize wheels - snapped off

• 5 May 2024
  • 3 replies

Very surprised that when I searched “dyson direct drive wheel spindle break” to learn that this is design flaw issue. I bought the Dyson Gen5outsize Absolute in january 2024 and today I thought one of my wheels popped off.  Upon closer investigation no, the spindle straight up snapped off the head, while taking the other wheel off to see the extend of the damage, that one broke too.

I was under the impression that these are supposed to be great vacuums, and your support it “top notch”.  Well I guess I am about to find out. 

icon

Best answer by Jack 7 May 2024, 15:33

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @ImmortalCrabman,

Thanks for getting in touch to let us know about this - I’m sorry to hear this has happened to your machine. For support, you'll need to speak directly with our Dyson Customer Care experts in your region - they’ll be able to help with ordering a replacement part for you.

Please visit Dyson.com and click the round purple button to launch the Dyson Digital Assistant. Then click the agent icon in the bottom left corner of the chat window to start a conversation with our Customer Care team.

We'll look forward to speaking with you!

Hi @ImmortalCrabman,

Thanks for getting in touch to let us know about this - I’m sorry to hear this has happened to your machine. For support, you'll need to speak directly with our Dyson Customer Care experts in your region - they’ll be able to help with ordering a replacement part for you.

Please visit Dyson.com and click the round purple button to launch the Dyson Digital Assistant. Then click the agent icon in the bottom left corner of the chat window to start a conversation with our Customer Care team.

We'll look forward to speaking with you!

I spoke with a rep via chat on the website last Sunday, all was well until I was told that I would have to go up to two weeks without a vacuum.  I see I have one ordered, nothing mentioned about shipping.   I was supposed to get a phone call about this and I have yet to receive said phone call.

I have the exact same issue. Dyson Gen5outsize, the wheel on the oversize cleaner head snapped off within3 months of purchase. I called Dyson and was told that the part was on back order and to try again later.

I called back a month later, but it was still on backorder. At that point I was told that I could exchange the vacuum but that they would not send a new one until the first vacuum was received and that there is a 1–2-week delay at the warehouse in verifying receipt of the original. I elected to wait, and now here I am almost 5 months later and the part is still not in stock. As a result, I am in the same boat- sending the vacuum in and not sure when I will receive a replacement but guaranteed to be without a vacuum for at least 2 weeks. I even offered to put a hold on my credit card to have a new one sent immediately but they wouldn’t do it.

Incidentally, last week the other wheel snapped off as well. The plastic wheels are attached to ball bearings with a very small metal screw, and the insertion of that screw goes into a piece of fragile plastic. This very much appears to be a design flaw and a predictable point of failure.