gen5detect wall dock - Combined in the box. What can I do? | Dyson Community
Solved

gen5detect wall dock - Combined in the box. What can I do?

• 13 August 2023
  • 8 replies

Hi. I’ve just bought a new gen5detect and I want to assembly the wall dock however the base plate was clicked into the front section of the dock when we opened the box and we cannot get it off. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. Heather 

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 14 August 2023, 09:49

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

8 replies

@hmbg. This is a fault with the packaging. See below on what to do next 😃!

I’m posting this across all the questions about the dock. Lets see if Dyson share anything as well. 

To remove it: I gave mine a sharp smack on the bottom. popped right off. I agree it, poor design, but I could still remove it.  

If it arrives pre-fitted: There isn’t a way to pry it apart once it’s together like that. You’ll need to have Dyson send you a new dock. 

I am dealing with the exact same thing. I called Dyson about it and they sent me a wall accessory tool - not what I need. I called back and they said they were sold out of the gen 5 wall mounts and to call back in 4 weeks. Annoying that I have this expensive vacuum and can’t charge it on the wall.

Userlevel 1

I managed to remove my back plate using two blunt knives.

Pry one side apart and lodge the knife in before the clip is able to engage.  Keep that knife in position (easier with another person to assist).

The do the same on the other side. 

It takes a few attempts but can be done.

It’s an awful design.  If you manage to pry it apart, try filing down the clips a little in case you need to remove it again in future

I managed to remove my back plate using two blunt knives.

Pry one side apart and lodge the knife in before the clip is able to engage.  Keep that knife in position (easier with another person to assist).

The do the same on the other side. 

It takes a few attempts but can be done.

It’s an awful design.  If you manage to pry it apart, try filing down the clips a little in case you need to remove it again in future

I really hope they redesign this dock. It’s a mess! 

Userlevel 1

I've just completed filing both clips and removed about 2mm on each side. It works perfectly. Easy to remove the backplate with a mild force whilst still provide enough locking for when i install on the wall.

Therefore it should be easy to remove from the wall in future when i upgrade

After having my wall Dok arrived pre assembled, I called they first sent me the accessory kit for the wall dok. Not helpful. Called back and they were out of stock. Finally after several calls, they were back in stock. I just received it in the mail and upon opening, they sent me the wall mount for the V10 line. GRRR! Starting to get very frustrated that it has been months of this. 

Update: I called and they said they are out of stock of the Gen 5 wall dock (surprise surprise). They offered me to wait another 2-3 weeks or do a complete exchange of the vacuum. My husband is going to try one last time to pry the backplate apart using the tips provided above and hopefully get it apart so it can be mounted. The optimist in me is hoping the fact it has been out of stock all summer means they are working on an alternate design. 

Update: I called and they said they are out of stock of the Gen 5 wall dock (surprise surprise). They offered me to wait another 2-3 weeks or do a complete exchange of the vacuum. My husband is going to try one last time to pry the backplate apart using the tips provided above and hopefully get it apart so it can be mounted. The optimist in me is hoping the fact it has been out of stock all summer means they are working on an alternate design. 

I hope he can fix it soon!