Has the Cordless v11 Outsize Been Discontinued? (Episode 2) | Dyson Community
Solved

Has the Cordless v11 Outsize Been Discontinued? (Episode 2)

• 3 December 2023
  • 4 replies

This is a repeat of an older post with similar title that has comments as old as 10 months and closed as “solved”. Several replacement parts are still not available, with a frustrating “notify me” option. It is not like customers order replacement parts in advance of the need and are usually are going to do  at the time of the need,  just waiting with no alternatives. 

icon

Best answer by Jack 4 December 2023, 14:37

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @mdeliw,

Welcome to the Dyson Community!

At the time of writing, this machine has not been discontinued and is now available to order in the US as the Dyson Outsize™ vacuum: https://www.dyson.com/vacuum-cleaners/cordless/outsize 

I’m sorry you’ve had difficulty ordering replacement parts. We’re not able to confirm when further stock is expected, so we can only recommend continuing to keep an eye on the Spares page, and signing up to be notified when stock is added. When you receive an email notification, we’d recommend ordering quickly to avoid any disappointment.

To discuss this further with our experts, the quickest way to get in touch is to Live Chat with us on Dyson.com. Click the purple button to launch the Dyson Digital Assistant, then click the agent icon in the bottom left hand corner of the window to speak directly with the team. If experts aren’t available, this most likely means all agents are currently busy helping other shoppers and owners, so please do try again with them later.

I have been having the same problem getting replacement parts for my V11 Outsize Origin, I have been waiting for a year for the bin to come back in stock and now need a replacement wand as well. I have created notifications and am never notified, Every time I check your website the parts are out of stock. I have spoken with your customer support agents multiple times and they have not been helpful. They just tell me to keep creating notifications. This is not acceptable. We need a better solution. 

is there another model where the parts are compatible with the V11. What would you advise your customers to do? 

Based on the information shared, you have been beyond patient. I waited for 3 months on a replacement roller brush with nothing moving. I finally reported to bbb.org (Dyson HQ is located in Chicago). Things are moving and Dyson is responding.

Final: I have received the roller brush that I requested for replacement. Because the part is not available for quite some time now, Dyson has sent me the roller head that also contains the roller brush and have not charged me for the replacement part and the shipping cost. Please note that the cost of the roller head as a replacement is much more expensive than just the roller brush. The process of using the bbb.org platform has helped get Dyson’s timely attention and action, and while this experience was far from ideal for a custom experience that Dyson claims to provide - they have delivered to address the customer’s concern - Thank you.