High Torque XL Cleaner Head - Replacement | Dyson Community
Skip to main content

Dear team,

Please can you help? I need to buy a replacement head for my Dyson SV16 cleaner (serial number: P2T-UK-PAA0151A). My current one has broken. The part I need is a High Torque XL cleaner head (part number: 970426-01)

The part has been out of stock on your website for many months now - I suspect the product is now discontinued. When I tried to obtain an ETA via the digital assistant, I was instead taken down a route of being offered a 25% discount on a new cleaner. I don’t need or want a new cleaner, I would like to replace a broken part of my existing cleaner.

I then tried getting this information via the customer service line and was told I had to give an email address to get the information. Not sure why it’s necessary to have my email address before a customer service advisor tells me when a part's going to be back in stock - especially as I’d already supplied the serial number of my Dyson. They then couldn’t tell me other than “our managers are working on it” -whatever that means!?!

Please can you advise, what other cleaner heads work with the Dyson SV16 that are in stock?

I’m also finding that this Dyson cleaner cuts out at points when I’m using it. It’s as if it’s taking a break! Is this supposed to happen? I can’t imagine it’s designed to do that.

I’m shocked at the low quality of the product, which incidentally cost more than my first car, lack of availability of the main replacement part and general unhelpfulness by Dyson.

Joining this ‘community’ to find out some basic info is my last resort.

Be the first to reply!