Horrible Dyson Customer Service & Poor Product Quality - 1-week review | Dyson Community
Solved

Horrible Dyson Customer Service & Poor Product Quality - 1-week review

• 13 September 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

Let's just say, I bought it on August 12, and Amazon shipped it quick, and now September 13 and still don't have a vacuum. It only worked for a few days, stopped charging, Dyson sent us a replacement part. When that didn't also fix a problem, they tell us to go to all the way NJ from Manhattan to see if we can repair. I just spent $1000, and need to drive an hour to see if we can fix the vacuum!?! No way. They gave me an option to drop it off at UPS and will send an entirely new vacuum. When I got to UPS, they said the reference number Dyson gave me was invalid. I had to call back again to Dyson and they gave me a new number. That didn't work again. Dyson says, "We can send you a label, you can pay for the box and ship it back". At this point I was FURIOUS. Asked for other options and they said we could wait like a week to get a box and UPS pick up. We have been vacuum-less for a month already and we have to wait more?! No way. I was so fed up and paid $40 for box and packing and just shipped it back. The next replacement better work. After this I am done with Dyson.

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 14 September 2023, 14:24

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

7 replies

Hey there @sakpin

Thanks for posting about this experience on the community. 

I’m sorry to hear that you’ve had such a bad time of it! The best course of actions would be for our US team to investigate this further and come back with a response. This isn’t usually something we can do via the community forum. 

I’d like to try and help, if you can please reach out to me via email at askdysonUS@dyson.com, we can provide you with further support. Please list ‘Connected Community’ in your subject line as well. 

Thank you.

It is disheartening to note that numerous reviews highlighting concerns about the customer service have seemingly not led to any discernible changes. Nonetheless, I feel compelled to share my own experience.

I am writing to express my dissatisfaction with a recent experience I had while placing an order with Dyson, and subsequently, the handling of the situation by your customer service team.

I have been a loyal Dyson customer, having purchased multiple Dyson products in-store. However, my recent attempt to make a purchase online has left me deeply disappointed and frustrated. I want to bring to your attention the following sequence of events:

1. On 11/17, I placed an order for a Dyson Airwrap with a total price of $651.74.

2. Shortly after placing the order, I discovered that Ulta had a 20% discount on the same product. Promptly recognizing this opportunity, I contacted Dyson customer service to cancel my initial order.

3. I spoke with Oriana, who assured me that my initial order would be canceled, and she offered to place a new order for the Dyson Airwrap at a discounted price of 20%, with an additional attachment as compensation.

4. I received a text message to make payment for the revised order, and everything was confirmed. I was initially pleased with the resolution.

5. Unfortunately, it became apparent that Oriana failed to cancel the initial order for $651.74, and the second order I placed and paid for over text message was canceled, amounting to $521.40.

6. Upon contacting Dyson customer service to rectify the situation, I encountered difficulties obtaining a clear explanation. I have been on hold for over 15 minutes, waiting to speak to a manager or supervisor.

7. Juan, an employee I spoke with, claimed that the reason for the cancellation of the second order was due to the product being sold out. However, I find it perplexing that the initial order for $651.74, which was supposedly canceled, has been shipped and it is for the SAME ITEM!

In summary, 

I am deeply dissatisfied with the lack of clarity, mismanagement of orders, and the seemingly contradictory information provided by your customer service team. As a customer who values Dyson products, I am disheartened by the level of service I have encountered.

I urge Dyson to review and address the handling of this situation promptly, ensuring that such issues are not repeated in the future. A company of Dyson's stature and reputation should have customer service staff who are well-trained and capable of dealing with these types of issues effectively.

If a resolution is not reached in a timely and satisfactory manner, I may have to reconsider my loyalty to Dyson products and explore alternatives, such as Shark products. I sincerely hope that Dyson takes this matter seriously and works towards improving its customer service processes.

In addition to my previous communication expressing dissatisfaction with the recent customer service encounter, I would like to highlight further points that have left me astonished:

1. Misleading Information:

• I have found the information provided by Dyson customer service to be misleading. This has resulted in confusion and further complications in resolving my issue.
  2. Lack of Empathy and Care:

• The overall demeanor of the customer service representatives I have interacted with lacks the care and empathy that I would expect from a company of Dyson's reputation. It is disheartening to feel unheard and unassisted.
  3. Excessive Hold Times:

• The extended periods of time spent on hold, only to be met with unhelpful responses or no resolution at all, have been a significant source of frustration. It seems counterintuitive to keep customers waiting when they are seeking assistance.

I understand that customer service challenges can arise, but the current experience has left me questioning my loyalty to Dyson. As a consumer who values transparency, efficiency, and genuine care from the companies I choose to support, I feel compelled to share my dissatisfaction.

I just purchased a Dyson ($549) and it DOESN’T work.  I spent an hour trouble shooting and the roller doesn’t roll.  I tried to CHAT with Dyson, but they are off line.  I tried to use the mobile app, but it wouldn’t let me chat.  I tried to leave an email, but the app wouldn’t accept my serial number.  I tried to call the Contact Us number and it hung up on me with NO support.  I requested a text response, and it sent me to a you tube video with NO help whatsoever.   You would think that a company of this size would have excellent customer service and care about their customers.   Vacuum sucks - no pun intended.  App sucks.  Customer Service sucks, Chat sucks.  Dyson - you should be ashamed.

Yes Dyson should be ashamed.   This is no way to treat customers.  I cannot get a straight answer from Dyson as the when I will receive replacement for a defective hairdryer under warranty.   The phone and chat reps waste more time telling me “I assure you that I will resolve your problem” and other empty platitudes than they do making anything happen.   It seems that they are powerless.  How did this happen to a company like Dyson?  Do they care at all?   I have tried so many avenues for resolution.  I don’t know what to do next.   Has anyone actually gotten their defective machines replaced in the last few months?   Are they about to go out of business?

Userlevel 1

same experience. I am appalled mostly that I am out of a purifier and they have my old one (5 months only from purchase) without any replacement is sign. 5 times I wasted 1 hour each time chatting with their incompetent customer service and got the same template answer wait 24-48 hours and you will receive the machine. This is almost unbelievable to me that an actual company with expensive products has the worst service I have ever encountered. Never buying again anything and will deter anyone who would from Dyson. They punish you for their quality control problems when they sell problematic highly priced products. 

Shameful. 

will be posting my review everywhere and will put an official complaint as well. 

It surely feels like a scam. 

I bought the animal3 about 3 weeks ago and it was to hard to push. Dyson said they would send me one for half price so i paid the $62.32. ½ hr later I called to cancel the order and I was assured 3 times that would be the case and i would receive my refund. This did not happen. Instead Dyson sent me one that was in a used condition so I created the return and sent it back. UPS tracking said it was delivered to the El Paso warehouse on 1/17/24 at 9:05 am. I was assured by Dyson at least 5 times that the refund process had started but the only thing I got from Dyson was an e-mail saying there was an unexpected delay with no explanation. I have spoken to at least 12 representatives and 3 chats that I have transcriptions for. No body other than the delay message has contacted me and I was assured this morning that a supervisor would get back to me right away. It has been almost an hour and nobody has called. The order number is 1649459120 and the refund amount was for the full $62.32 which I am still expecting. All I get from Dyson is excuses. They have the used unit and my money. This is the worst customer experience I have had in the 70 years I have been alive. AWFUL!!!!

Yes Dyson should be ashamed.   This is no way to treat customers.  I cannot get a straight answer from Dyson as the when I will receive replacement for a defective hairdryer under warranty.   The phone and chat reps waste more time telling me “I assure you that I will resolve your problem” and other empty platitudes than they do making anything happen.   It seems that they are powerless.  How did this happen to a company like Dyson?  Do they care at all?  no they dont care!  I have tried so many avenues for resolution.  I don’t know what to do next.   Has anyone actually gotten their defective machines replaced in the last few months?   Are they about to go out of business?