How can I get help completing an exchange outside of warranty? | Dyson Community
Skip to main content

TL;DR

Dyson has zero accountability to their customers, and will lead you on with false promises in hopes that you’ll quit asking for help.

To anyone considering a purchase of a Dyson vacuum, do not buy it.

The Details

My fiancé and I purchased a Dyson V8 Absolute in late June. Since the machine broke in early August (only a couple weeks out of warrenty) , we have been left without a vacuum for nearly three months from Dyson’s seemingly deliberate mismanagement of our resolution process.

1. Before starting our exchange process, Dyson sent us the incorrect version of our replacement part. This required us to return the original vacuum and replacement part via UPS to correct for their mistake.
  2. We have received no follow-up emails from Dyson this entire time about the status of our return, requiring manual intervention over the support chat for any forward motion on our resolution.
  3. We have been told three times to wait “48 business hours” for tracking details to be delivered to us. It has been nearly three weeks since the first time we heard this from Dyson.

The fact that Dyson thinks it’s acceptable to so blatantly lie to their customers while they’re expecting an update from them is maddening.

Throughout this process, I’ve been trying to get more clarity from the support staff, only to be blocked by inane internal procedures. Not only are they unable to provide any information about supervisors to hold an individual accountable for ongoing mistakes (e.g. here), but they also seem unable to explicitly confirm an exact date to be held accountable to.

The below screenshots—taken almost exactly a month before this post—document this absurd practice:

Maybe I’m reading this wrong? Would love some clarity from someone who can actually get us our exchange order...

Moderation edit - title updated]

Hi @garrettmflynn,

Welcome to the Dyson Community, and thanks for letting us know about this.

I’ve reached out directly to take some further information. Please check your Dyson Community private message inbox and provide the details requested.

I’ll look forward to hearing from you.