is a videocall the only way to get a repair from dyson? | Dyson Community
Solved

is a videocall the only way to get a repair from dyson?

i just bought a V11 and there is no power at the head to run the motorhead or the light.

after spending much time on the phone with dyson i am told that i cannot have it fixed under warranty without them video-calling me.

or i can take it to a service center 150 miles away.

is this how a “modern” company works??.

i wont buy dyson again

icon

Best answer by Jack 9 May 2024, 12:20

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @iownmeok,

Welcome to the Dyson Community!

We frequently find that issues Dyson owners encounter with their machines are caused by something very simple to troubleshoot and fix. A video call session with a Dyson technician allows us to identify - and often resolve - the issue on the spot, or to correctly identify the exact replacement part that we need to send you.

This can minimise the amount of time your machine is out of action, and means you don’t need to arrange for a physical assessment and repair of the machine to be completed.

I would encourage you to go ahead with a video call troubleshooting session so we can help get your machine up and running again!

i called again and was able to figure out the problem in about 30 seconds without a videocall.

was told to send the vacuum back to dyson, which i did, i just found out from dyson i have to wait up to 3 weeks for a replacement…. thats as ridiculous as having to videocall for a return.

dyson customer service is as bad as ive ever encountered and as earlier stated…. i’ll never buy another dyson product

well im off to walmart to buy another vacuum as i cant not vacuum for 3 weeks...thanks again for nothing mr dyson