Is there a way to clean the vacuum cleaner? | Dyson Community
Skip to main content

Other than canned air, is there any way to clean the vacuum cleaner?

Yes! Wash the filters monthly, wipe clean the bin and inspect the hose/wand to ensure there are no blockages or debris. Other than that, I think you should be good! I also like to carefully wipe the exterior of my machine every so often so it stays clean!

@d28 is right. The cleaning advice is quite generic for each vacuum. Have you looked at the knowledge area here? If not, I think this could really help you out 😁!

Hi @KittyBunn,

In normal domestic use, aside from maintaining the filter, brush bar and/or soft roller as shown in the User guide, we wouldn’t expect a Dyson vacuum to need additional cleaning.

If you wanted to do so for cosmetic reasons, we can recommend using a soft, dry or damp cloth to wipe over the casing. It’s normal for harmless static generated in use to cause fine dust particles to cling to the clear bin and cyclone - firmly tapping the machine as you empty it should help dislodge much of this, but in any case it won’t affect the performance of your vacuum.

Is there a specific part of your vacuum you need advice on cleaning? If so, please let us know which model you own.