My Cordless v15 detect is heating up - Next steps? | Dyson Community
Skip to main content

so my new vacuum oh, I guess it’s not new. I’ve had it for a year it’s heating up about 15 minutes into vacuuming. I ordered a new filter the new purple one the blue one off of a cheap site TEmU. Is this going to be effective in canceling the heat because as of now I just ripped out the filtering stuff and left the skeleton of the filter so it would continue to run. My question is is buying a filter on a discount site the same as buying it from dyson.com because it looks exactly the same only it was four dollars instead of 30 if no one‘s done this before I will personal day when it comes to let y’all know how it does, but as of now the only option, I had to be able to keep using my Dyson wants to do what I did otherwise it would just get way too hot. Do you have any sound advice?

I’m actually going to pinch a post @Charliebrown just left! With a few extra points to add. 

1. It shouldn't be heating up. If it is, there’s most probably a fault of issue with a component. 
  2. The filter is washable, and shouldn’t need replacing unless they’re damaged. 
  3. Replica parts aren’t the same, they could be made using inferior materials. This might be where the problem lies. Dense material, not letting airflow through, which in turn is heating up. 

Dyson provide a 2-year warranty for their stick vacs - They should look to repair or replace the machine for free in this time. This is written in the terms and conditions. Thankfully, there have been several posts where other members pointed out the ease for replacement and fix of these cleaner. 

I’d reach out to Dyson, get them to run diagnostics and replace the parts as needed 😁