outsize motorbar rattles on carpet | Dyson Community
Solved

outsize motorbar rattles on carpet

• 6 April 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi all, I just brought home an outsize (not the gen5) it cleans well and I’m enjoying it however, the motor bar rattles when I’m using it on carpet. What I’ve determined is that the carpet is pushing the front of the head (where the gates are) into the brush roll. I tested this by lifting off the carpet and pushing lightly on that area and the noise can be heard. Predictably the noise worsens when the gates are lowered and there is more resistance.  It does not make the noise on bare floor. 

is this normal? I’d hope not considering cost of the machine. 

icon

Best answer by Jack 8 April 2024, 17:36

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @04lss,

Welcome to the Dyson Community!

Thanks for letting us know about this issue - if the cleaner head on your Dyson Outsize™ vacuum is experiencing excessive resistance on this particular type of carpeting, we would recommend opening the suction control on the cleaner head, and also vacuuming at a lower power setting if needed.

If you continue to have issues after trying this, please visit Dyson.com and click the round purple button to launch the Dyson Digital Assistant. Then click the agent icon in the bottom left corner of the chat window to start a conversation with our Customer Care team.