Poor customer service | Dyson Community
Skip to main content
Solved

Poor customer service

• 14 January 2023
  • 1 reply

I purchased an oversize months ago.   It never worked right.  It didn’t pick up bird seed or other objects.  It pushed them in front. I was constantly cleaning the filter, which was annoying, especially since it would have to dry for two days between use.   I called customer service and after face timing, I was told it was a manufacturer defect.    I was told oversize was out of stock.   When they got back in stock, one would be shipped.  I did not find this acceptable as I need a vacuum now.  I am not going to wait weeks or months for something I paid almost 1k for.   I was then told that a v8 would be shipped to use in the meantime.  It never arrived.   After a second one hour phone call, and I was told that shipping a replacement vacuum is not company policy and that the oversize was in fact in stock.  Ship the bad one back and Dyson would “expedite” a new one to me, I was told.    I had just had surgery and could not drive.  So dyson said ups would pick it up.  So i boxed it up.  Ups never came.  Called dyson again. Was told ups would come.  UPS never came.  FaceTimed Dyson. Was told ups would come.  Ups never came.  FaceTimed again.  UPS finally came and delivered to dyson jan 5.  This is after I’m daily carrying this thing into the house at night and then back outside in the AM after surgery.   It is now Jan 14 and I have NO DYSON VACUUM.   Why? because it is in fact OUT OF STOCK.  After THREE HOURS ON THE PHONE today, I am nowhere.   I need a vacuum.  I paid for a vacuum.  Dyson, I have spent hours and hours on the phone.   I want what I paid for - a working vacuum.    You need to fix your customer service.    You do not care about the customer.   I have bought many Dysons.   I will not buy again.   You have a call center that does not care about the customer because they are likely not dyson employees.   I have spent HOURS on the phone (three hours today!) and I have no vacuum.  You have left me without a vacuum over the holidays.  I have been severely inconvenienced after surgery.  This is all your fault!  And I paid for an extended warranty on a product I no longer have.   You do not stand behind your product.  You no longer care for the customer.  Very disappointing!!!!

Hello @Rockybird,

I am very concerned to hear you have had this experience. I would like to look into this matter and get this resolved for you. Can you please send an email to askdysonus@dyson.com  . Please put connected community in the subject line and in the body of the email please provide me your machine serial number, and also your complete shipping address so that I can work to get this resolved in a quick manner for you. 

Thank you, 

Teanna