Recycle your old Dyson vacuum for £100 back - return shipping label not sent | Dyson Community
Solved

Recycle your old Dyson vacuum for £100 back - return shipping label not sent

Purchased 5th May 2024 a V15 Detect which had the £100 offer Recycle your old Dyson vacuum for £100 back. Machine has arrived with all of the usual emails and My.Dyson account etc.

I have not received any emails about how to return my old Dyson (which is on the list of accepted models). I have checked my spam/junk folder and nothing. That’s the suggestion on this thread

There is a 14 day period to do this so I’m raising it here as that’s a short term to return something if the automated email system isn’t working. 

Please contact me directly so we can resolve this before the 14 days expires 

icon

Best answer by Jack 14 May 2024, 14:55

View original

14 replies

Hi Richard

Exact same problem I’m having, I’ve called numerous times and also had online chats which resulted in no emails with the return labels, which apparently are sent from Parcelforce.  Thankfully someone from Dyson on this community has contacted me, taken details and it has been sent to UK Escalations, although since then I’ve heard nothing.  I just hope that as it is Dysons failure to send return instructions the 14 day return period will not apply.

Good luck!

Heth

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @RichardB2040,

Welcome to the Dyson Community - thanks for checking in with us on this.

Our UK Customer Care team have investigated, and have verified that the option to trade-in your old machine had not been selected at the time your order was placed. Without opting in to the trade-in process, the dispatch of an email including your returns label won’t be triggered.

Someone will be in touch to follow up with you on this as soon as possible, and you should receive your label shortly.

I’m also having trouble getting hold of a returns label.

I selected the option at checkout and it’s shown on my order confirmation email.

I called customer services to check what the process was and was told Parcelforce would send me a label. Shortly after the call I received an automated email that stated “You can now expect to receive an email from Parcel force containing your pre-paid postage label within 48 hours”. That was on Thursday, it’s now Tuesday.

I’ve not received anything and nothing has gone into my junk folder.

Dyson need to acknowledge quite a major flaw in this offer if Parcelforce aren’t sending out the labels.

Can someone provide me with a label so I can return my old machine please?

Thanks!

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @user1234567890,

I’ve reached out directly to take some further information.

I’ll look forward to receiving the full details requested so we can help resolve this situation for you.

I have the same problem. The new hoover was delivered yesterday and there are no follow up emails with the pre-paid return label. It’s impossible to reach out to customer services and I’m going to miss on the 14-day return window.

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @NWATSON,

I’ll look forward to hearing from you.

Same problem although I had opted in for the trade in and had email to say I had been accepted.  
Several phone calls and a total of 3 attempts to send pre-paid labels and none received. Nightmare. Glad I found this site as now know I am not alone.

Same problem here. Received an email from Dyson support on 15th May stating:

“ You can now expect to receive an email from Parcelforce containing your pre-paid postage label within 48 hours.”

No email from Parcelforce received (checked spam folder too). Contacted a Dyson agent on 20th May via the Digital Assistant on the website. Dyson agent arranged for a prepaid shipping label to be emailed to me. 24 hours later, still no email for a prepaid shipping label. Did receive an email about “Get to know your Dyson Gen5detect™ vacuum“.

This is not a positive experience of Dyson. Will be forced to consider returning the new vacuum before the 14 day period has elapsed if this is not resolved.

Hi

I have now received a prepaid label. I did actually receive two labels on two different email addresses. I think altogether more than 4 labels were generated by Dyson. I actually spoke to the UK customer section but lost count of how many phone calls.I had to make. Even phoned Parcelforce Worldwide to see if we were doing something wrong. Actually it became stressful and I am 69.

I did finally register my new Dyson V15 on the Dyson website not sure if this finally enabled the label to be sent to me. Although on one of the many phone calls I was told not to worry so assumed it wasn’t this that was stopping the label being sent to me.

I agree Dyson should do better and I think if the Customer Services was in the country of purchase there wouldn’t be this problem. It has put me off buying Dyson again.

Exactly the same problem. Have confirmation that upgrade accepted by Dyson. Have message from Parcelforce that 2 items to be delivered. One delivered (the machine) and the other (the lable) not.

Have tried the dyson chatbox. It doesn’t understand the problem. Have contacted customer services, who said they would resend the label - but it isn’t dyson who sends and anyway it hasn’t arrived. Have told parcelforce about missing label but no response from them.

There are only 14 days to do all this. Please sort it out.

Please will someone from Dyson contact me to confirm that the problem is being addressed, and that the 14 day timeframe will run from the date the labels are received here.

I have had s similar problem it took me many phone calls and over 2 weeks to receive a returns label from Parcelforce returned vacuum cleaner 5 weeks ago many phone calls and chat doesn’t understand frustrations later broken promises we’ve escalated your issue you will receive a response 24/72 hours Nothing seeing as Dyson does not want to refund my £100 can I demand my trade in back ?

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @Raymundo,

I’ll look forward to hearing from you.

Refund received at 13.46 today the lengths we have to go to in order to receive what’s rightfully ours are extraordinary Dyson should be ashamed premium products premium prices poor communication and customer service !