Seeking advice on choosing the best cordless Dyson vacuum cleaner for daily use | Dyson Community

Seeking advice on choosing the best cordless Dyson vacuum cleaner for daily use

• 26 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi all 👋 I am hoping to tap into the collective wisdom here as I'm considering purchasing a new Dyson cordless vacuum cleaner. I have some specific needs that I am hoping to get advice on.

1. Kitchen Use: The primary use will be daily cleanups under the kitchen table, where my children, including a baby, often spill a variety of food and liquids.

2. General Home Use: I would also like to use this vacuum for cleaning the rest of the home. The total area is approximately 300 square meters, although I can also still use my existing corded vacuum cleaner for some portions of the house.

3. Old Wooden Floor: Part of the house features an old wooden floor, and I would want a vacuum that can handle such a delicate surface without causing any damage.

4. Low Maintenance: Finally, I would prefer a model that requires as little maintenance as possible.

5. Budget: While I'm ready to invest in a quality product, I'm hoping to not spend more money than necessary to meet my needs. I'm looking for the best value-for-money option.

Given the above requirements, could anyone suggest which Dyson cordless model might best fit my situation? I'm a bit overwhelmed with the many models and iterations, so any advice to point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you for taking the time to help me out.

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

4 replies

I’d consider their stick vac Outsize model.

It has a 60 min runtime, large bin capacity and easy to maintain. Multiple power modes, and heads for use across hard flooring and carpet. It will set you back about $600 - https://www.dyson.com/vacuum-cleaners/cordless/outsize. 

I had it before upgrading to the Gen5 - For the price, I felt it was way ahead of their other similarly priced models.

Thanks, it looks like I can’t buy that model anymore in the Netherlands. Is that correct?

Thanks, it looks like I can’t buy that model anymore in the Netherlands. Is that correct?

I think that model is only available in the US. It’s an upgraded V11. If you’re happy with the suggestions, I’d have a closer look at that model: https://www.dyson.nl/stofzuigers/draadloos/v11

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hi @Djoris, 

I can see you’ve had some great suggestions from our other member!

If you’re still undecided on the model that would be best, can I recommend visiting the ‘Help me Choose’ option for the Dyson Cordless vacuum cleaners on the Netherlands website - help mij kiezen.

Here you’ll be prompted to answer 4 on-screen questions, which focus on your individual needs and requirements. once completed, you’ll be presented with 3 recommendations. 

Do let us know which one you land on as your next Dyson 😃!

Thanks, 

Stuart