Separating the docking charger on the Dyson V10 | Dyson Community
Solved

Separating the docking charger on the Dyson V10

• 16 April 2023
  • 6 replies

How do i separate the backing from the docking charger to enable it to be secured to the wall. 

We recently purchased a Dyson animal V10 and watched many youtube videos to see if any showed me how to separate them. 

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 18 April 2023, 20:43

View original

6 replies

The clear plastic? It should pop off when you hinge it open. 

The Dyson installation video on this might help. 

Jay.

That isn’t the problem, it’s actually getting them separated before undoing the hinge. If I try to separate, I may break it. It looks as if there is a catch in the middle as that is where it is fastened.  

That isn’t the problem, it’s actually getting them separated before undoing the hinge. If I try to separate, I may break it. It looks as if there is a catch in the middle as that is where it is fastened.  

I see. I’ll have a look at mine when I get home and upload a picture. 

That would be more than appreciated

Dennis.  

Hi @dennis55 

This is a tricky one. With removing the V10 casing from the back plate, it requires the right angle to apply a bit of force to pull it apart again.

As this clicks into each other as per the video below, your best bet is to get the angle right before pulling it back out.

If you need further support after this, please get in touch via our WhatsApp channel and one of our team will be happy to discuss the next steps. To do this, simply click on our Guides and manuals link, navigate to the ‘Contact us’ section of the page and select ‘Start a WhatsApp conversation’. 

If you'd prefer, you're welcome to call the Dyson Helpline to speak with our experts directly. You can find their number in the ‘Contact us’ section of the page. 

Thank you for the reply. With brute force and the aid of a fine screw driver I managed to separate them. This is very difficult to do and more difficult to fathom out how it does come apart.

mots now on the wall.

kind regards Dennis.