TERRIBLE Customer Service!! | Dyson Community

TERRIBLE Customer Service!!

• 14 March 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

After one year, my Dyson v11 Turbo stopped working.  I called support and it seems the motor on my unit failed. There were no replacement units in stock but I was advised that they would get an upgraded unit shipped out.

Two weeks later after not receiving the replacement unit, I called back. I gave them the serial number and they asked my address to confirm it. After giving them my address, they advised that that was not the address on file. I went back and forth and waited on hold for 30 minutes while they checked with security. When thy got back on the line they gave me the address they had on file and sure enough the last person I spoke with duplicated the street name with the city name, then they advised that they had not received my defective unit back. What? No one asked me to ship it back! They said I needed to ship my defective unit back (EVEN THOUGH IT IS STILL UNDER WARRANTY) and in a few weeks after receiving it, they would send me a replacement.

I took it back to COSTCO where I bought it and they gave me an brand new exact replacement.

DYSON CUSTOMER SERVICE IS A WASTE OF TIME!! The WORSE I have EVER experienced. What a shame. There is NO excuse for it!

Dyson Community Moderator 1 year ago

Hello @the_cable_guy 

Thank you for sharing your recent experience here; despite it sounding very frustrating. Just a quick point to begin, I can confirm that we (Dyson agents), be it chat, WhatsApp, phone, etc, should not ever release personal identifying information, such as an address. We do ask for those to be verified by a customer, so giving you an address that was on file is not something that should occur. Hearing that is a bit concerning.

Having said that, it sounds like we may have arranged a product exchange, due to a needed part being out of stock. In that instance, we would need to have your defective unit sent in to us, and the contents of the package verified from our receiving department, before we would be able to ship a replacement. This is our standard exchange procedure, and is in place in such a manner to help protect against any type of fraudulent activity. We’re sorry to hear that this seems to have not been explained to you, when it was arranged in the system. 

It’s disappointing for us to know that we have let you down on this occasion. Here at Dyson, we take pride in our Customer Service, and I am very sorry to know that we didn’t live up to our normal high standard. We do our very best to provide first class service to all our customers, and it’s concerning to hear the feedback you have shared here. 

It sounds like you have taken matters into your own hands, and returned/exchanged your unit at the retailer where it was purchased. I truly cannot apologize enough, that you had to take the time to resolve this on your own. Again, not at all what we’d expect for you as a valued Dyson customer.  I will make sure that your feedback is shared with the relevant departments here. If you still need assistance, please don’t hesitate to get back in touch with your local team.

Best wishes,

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hello @the_cable_guy 

Thank you for sharing your recent experience here; despite it sounding very frustrating. Just a quick point to begin, I can confirm that we (Dyson agents), be it chat, WhatsApp, phone, etc, should not ever release personal identifying information, such as an address. We do ask for those to be verified by a customer, so giving you an address that was on file is not something that should occur. Hearing that is a bit concerning.

Having said that, it sounds like we may have arranged a product exchange, due to a needed part being out of stock. In that instance, we would need to have your defective unit sent in to us, and the contents of the package verified from our receiving department, before we would be able to ship a replacement. This is our standard exchange procedure, and is in place in such a manner to help protect against any type of fraudulent activity. We’re sorry to hear that this seems to have not been explained to you, when it was arranged in the system. 

It’s disappointing for us to know that we have let you down on this occasion. Here at Dyson, we take pride in our Customer Service, and I am very sorry to know that we didn’t live up to our normal high standard. We do our very best to provide first class service to all our customers, and it’s concerning to hear the feedback you have shared here. 

It sounds like you have taken matters into your own hands, and returned/exchanged your unit at the retailer where it was purchased. I truly cannot apologize enough, that you had to take the time to resolve this on your own. Again, not at all what we’d expect for you as a valued Dyson customer.  I will make sure that your feedback is shared with the relevant departments here. If you still need assistance, please don’t hesitate to get back in touch with your local team.

Best wishes,

Userlevel 1

Kelly,

Thank you for your reply and for escalating my atrocious experience to management.  It was a very fundamental customer support failure.  I am not sure why you guys did not send me an email to verify the address that was entered (i would have easily discovered that you entered it incorrectly) and that you were waiting for me to return the defective unit.  Most other manufacturers, would have given me the option of shipping an advanced replacement unit and charging my credit card if the original unit was not received after a reasonable period of time.  I was also told a manager would call me within two hours and of course that never happened.  I really expected more from a company that I thought prides itself with “superior” and innovative products.

Mike