Terrible Customer Service - Warranty Resolution? | Dyson Community
Question

Terrible Customer Service - Warranty Resolution?

This experience has taught me I should have checked this forum to understand the myriad complaints by customers regarding Dyson service prior to paying a premium for a poor-quality product.  I’ve unfortunately now joined the numbers. 

I purchased a V10 cordless vacuum assuming Dyson was still a sound investment that would last – those days of course are gone, and Dyson does not stand by its product.  The product was used every two weeks in a house without pets or kids, so by no means has there been heavy use.  After 10 months (on a product with a 2-year warranty) the unit started intermittently shutting down.  

I called Dyson Customer Disservice and was given a case number for a replacement part number for the V10 main body that was out of stock and I should call back in two weeks because the person on the phone could not place a back order for this part.  Inability to create a back order seemed a bit strange, but I agreed to follow this request.  Understanding the V10 was nearing the end of its product lifecycle, before disengaging I asked whether the model and part has been discontinued and out of production and would I have difficulty getting the replacement part – I was told by the Dyson representative, “NO.”

When I called back in two weeks as requested, the Dyson representative told me the repair part was unavailable and they could execute an exchange.  I did not want an exchange, all I wanted was the repair part, so I requested escalation to a Dyson supervisor.  The supervisor called while I was still on the phone with the representative, who told me the supervisor would call me back.  The supervisor kindly left a completely unintelligible voicemail from a loud call center floor and of course never returned the call as I requested from the Dyson representative.

Days later I called again and requested an escalation ticket be raised – again I was told a Dyson customer service supervisor would contact me and again I received no call or any sort of contact.

Two days later, I called for the fifth time if anyone is counting, and this time around I was told Dyson would execute an exchange once I shipped them and they received my defective V10, but I had to pay for packaging material and shipping.  Confirming this is a warranty claim and I should not have to pay for the return of Dyson’s defective product, I yet again asked for a Dyson customer service supervisor and was told a supervisor would call me within ten minutes.  Any guesses how this goes?  No return call, no further contact from anyone at Dyson.

It is now more than a month since I’ve initially logged this warranty issue and on the sixth call to Dyson customer service, while I was waiting to speak to a supervisor, the representative told me that both the repair part number and model have indeed been discontinued.

Still waiting on the supervisor, the customer service representative made an agreeable offer on an exchange where packaging and shipping for return of my defective unit would be covered by Dyson.  I was given an exchange ID and told I would receive an email with shipping instructions within 24 hours.  True to form, it has been 36 hours and nothing from Dyson.  Spam folders and any alternate folders have been checked – so it looks like a seventh call is forthcoming.

I am obviously frustrated and completely tired of being lied to by Dyson customer service – the level of trust your brand has earned is absolutely non-existent.

How do I get this escalated to someone who actually cares about this brand and will take action?  How does this exercise in tail-chasing get resolved

0 replies

Be the first to reply!