Terrible phone and chat service, not the fault of the representatives? | Dyson Community

Terrible phone and chat service, not the fault of the representatives?

• 3 January 2024
  • 0 replies

We have a year-old V15 Detect.  We use it lightly and gently.  We just ordered our second head-unit replacement (first one had a gasket that was deteriorating, second one developed a faulty “clean the filter” sensor), and a new digital motorbar (one of the wheels fell off -- broken screw).  The wait times for voice contact are absurdly long (I just waited an hour and 11 minutes), and the persistently repeating recorded voice explaining how to service the filter, battery, etc. should be used to make political prisoners confess.   The chat service is not much better -- long wait until available, interminable “I’ll be back with you in 2 minutes” waits that are longer than two minutes, then “I can’t place the order for technical reasons, please recontact us another day” or “it’s out of stock and you will receive an email when it’s in stock” (which does not happen -- I have to recontact Dyson on my own), or order placed for the wrong part (after I gave them the part number and sent a photo).  The agents are incredibly friendly but don’t seem to have access to my information, which I have to provide repeatedly, and seem not be able to follow up (I finally figured out I should ask for a Case ID #, which helps a little, but doesn’t do anything for the wait times and long processing times once I’ve reached them.  Dyson either needs to make higher quality products or fix the customer service nightmare.   Older products were better.  It’s a shame but I don’t think we’ll be buying our next product from Dyson and can no longer recommend them.

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.