The V11 is Missing this Charging Option | Dyson Community

The V11 is Missing this Charging Option

• 31 December 2023
  • 4 replies

While the V11 may include a charging dock, this design assumes that a wall outlet will always be wherever the dock is mounted.  In my situation, an empty battery case is needed so that the vac can still be mounted in the dock while the battery is charged somewhere else.  Please make empty battery cases available for a fraction of the price of refurbished batteries.  This would really be helpful.

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @raca414,

Welcome to the Dyson Community, and thanks for your feedback!

Normally we’d suggest owners mount the wall dock close to a power outlet if possible, to easily store and recharge the machine at the same time. If this isn’t an option for you, you can plug the charger cord directly into the removable battery, and charge this in a separate location to where you store the machine.

As you’ve correctly mentioned, it’s not possible to place the machine in the dock when the battery is removed. But we also have floor-standing docks available for several of our cordless vacuums - which may provide more flexibility to place it nearer to an outlet without having to drill into the wall.

Hope this helps, and we’ll be happy to pass your feedback along for you.

Hello Jack and thanks so much for understanding my issue.  Although I am aware of the floor-standing dock, I actually prefer the wall-mounted dock as this keeps the unit off the floor and out of the way of clutter.  I did not realize obtaining a demo or “fake” battery would be so much trouble as not every unit can be mounted near an outlet.  A fake battery just for mounting purposes seemed like an easy solution, however I have successfully identified a used battery on eBay for a fraction of Dyson’s price just for the purpose of storing the unit while the primary battery is charging.  Hopefully future products with a similar design can include this feature.

Userlevel 6
Badge +7

Hi @raca414,

Thanks for your reply and feedback! At this time we don’t offer any ‘fake’ batteries for our machines, and we would have to caution against purchasing non-genuine batteries. As they haven’t been manufactured by Dyson, we can’t guarantee they would meet our stringent standards for safety and performance, and any damage caused by attaching a non-genuine battery wouldn’t be covered under the Dyson warranty.

Whether wall-mounted or floor-standing, our docks are intended to provide grab-and-go convenience, so you can simply grab your machine whenever a quick cleanup is needed. But as mentioned, I’ll be happy to pass your feedback along for you to the right teams.

Hi Jack,

Thanks for your concern on this issue.  I do appreciate it and understand the risks of purchasing items from unofficial channels.  As indicated, my intent in the battery is simply to be able to mount the vacuum in the wall dock while the official battery is charging.  I do not plan to actually use it in the system.  I may even remove the internal components to avoid using it altogether.