UK Gen 5 released. Is the USA release imminent? | Dyson Community

UK Gen 5 released. Is the USA release imminent?

Now that the Gen5 is available in the UK, when can we expect a USA release?

Stuart 1 year ago

Hey @Mikejones

Great to see a conversation spring up around the Dyson Gen5detect™️ vacuum. 

There isn’t anything we can officially share on this right now - stay tuned to the US website for a future announcement.

If you’re interested in learning more about this model, visit our Australian site using this link - Dyson Gen5detect™️ vacuum | Overview

Thanks, 

Stuart

View original

This topic was closed to comments. To ask a question, please create a new topic.

5 replies

Userlevel 5

Yes. Although Dyson won’t officially provide a date. I’d think within the next 6 weeks or less. The Headphones launch in China in early March, then released in the US in late April. I’d expect they’d follow suit with the Gen5.   

Not likely. According to the farthest product review date on China version AliExpress — TaoBao, Dyson China have been selling gen5 since early Oct 2022, which is right after the release of Gen5. If you really want it, and don’t care about the warranty; you can purchase it from Dyson Australia site, and import to US instead. Just mention that this product has been up for eight months. It's very likely that it may get an update by the end of this year (maybe?); if that’s the case, the new stuff is very likely to be released in about 3 to 4 months from now…

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Short answer. Yes. Although, there hasn’t be a date published. If Dyson ramp up volume/sales, I’d expect it to reach the US this year.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Hey @Mikejones

Great to see a conversation spring up around the Dyson Gen5detect™ vacuum. 

There isn’t anything we can officially share on this right now - stay tuned to the US website for a future announcement.

If you’re interested in learning more about this model, visit our Australian site using this link - Dyson Gen5detect™ vacuum | Overview

Thanks, 

Stuart

Userlevel 5

@Mikejones: The Gen5 went on sale on their UK website today. That is roughly 2-weeks since announcement / the sign-up page went live! Once they follow suit in the US, I’d expect the same timeframe for release.